Magic Show Gone Sour

Currently (Y/n) is watching TV with Kusuo, with books clattered about the room, "I like watching TV, it's one of the few things that can surprise me" Kusuo said. "Really? Why is that?" (Y/n) asked, quite confused why a picture show would surprise him. "It's because I can't hear the actor's thoughts, so I don't know what's coming next" Kusuo explained.

"I agree, that is surprising if you're not used to the unexpected" (Y/n) concluded, quite intrigued by the information. Kusuo then changed the channel with his powers, "speaking of next, the new mystery show is supposed to start soon" Kusuo said, quite curious about the new show.

"Hey, isn't that the magician from the street performance yesterday?" (Y/n) pointed out, recognizing the voice. "What," Kusuo said, and the show revealed Uryoku Chono. "What did I tell you, about TV surprising me," Kusuo said with a shocked look, but it was more of a disappointment shock.

"Seems your friend became a picture show star, it alludes me how he is on it" (Y/n) commented, while Kusuo silently agreed. "What I'm attempting tonight is the most dangerous escape you'll ever see!" Chono said as the TV showed a brief show of what will happen.

"No way he's this good" Kusuo said skeptically, "one less human to worry about, if he dies" (Y/n) said darkly, earning a brief glare from Kusuo. "No... They would never put someone on TV if they might get hurt... Right?" Kusuo question, not that confident in Chono's possible performance.

"As you can see folks! Chrono's hands and feet are both shackled, as he makes his way to the crate! OH NO! HE FELL!" The announcer said, "just a trip, he should be fine" Kusuo reasoned. "He's safely inside the box, we will have Mr. Michael, Chono's formally homeless assistant, will lock him in!" The announcer said.

"Wait! I'm not ready!!" Chrono yelled out as the door closed on him, which amused (Y/n). "Him screaming isn't a good sign, neither is all that banging he's doing," Kusuo said worriedly. "The amazing Chono needs to escape within 5 minutes! Or he'll be destroyed! Right along with the box!" The announcer exclaimed.

"I'm skeptical he can do this" Kusuo said, "I don't really care if he can, I'm just enjoying the show" (Y/n) said bluntly. "Should I help? I don't even think I can! I'm not close enough to save him without being seen" Kusuo said while planning out a way to get Chono out of the box.

"I believe that box, that Chono is in, is the best option" (Y/n) pointed out, only to see Kusuo is gone from the chair. 'Looks like he took my advice,' (Y/n) thought with a smirk, turning to face her shadow. "Follow him" (Y/n) ordered, making her shadow vanish from its spot.

While (Y/n) watching the show from Kusuo's room, she is also watching from her shadow's view. (Y/n) almost busted out laughing from Kusuo's funny stance in the box. "How can anyone survive this?!" The announcer asked no one in particular 'no ordinary human can, except for a psychic' (Y/n) thought with a chuckle.

"Now! A construction crane is hoisting the box 30 meters in the air! AND DROPPING IT!!" The announcer yelled as the box dropped. (Y/n) casually watched Kusuo do a small jump, to avoid being crushed by the box, and not seeing (Y/n)'s shadow. "That box has sustained catastrophic damage! We still have more in store for it!" The announcer said.

"WE'RE LIGHTING IT ON FIRE!!!" The announcer yelled as they set the box ablaze, accidentally destroying the shadow. (Y/n)'s smile lessened from losing her viewing point, now she needs to summon a new one after the fire is put out. "And now we're running over the crate!" The announcer said as they bring in a roller. "I guess I'll just sit back and watch from here" (Y/n) sighed out, leaning back in the chair Kusuo was sitting in.

"WITH A STEAM ROLLER!!!" The announcer yelled while the steam roller rolled over the crate, making (Y/n) slightly worried for the psychic. "Chono's box is as flat as a pancake! How could he survive that?!" The announcer asked, only to have lights shine on Chrono behind him.

"Hold on! Who's that I see? IT'S THE MIRACULOUS ILLUSIONIST HIMSELF! URYOKU CHONO!!" The announcer yelled. "Très Bien!!" Chono yelled, "HE'S ALIVE!!" The announcer said dramatically, 'I don't care if you're alive, I just hope Kusuo is, he's more entertaining than you' (Y/n) thought with an annoyed huff.

Now it's an ad for a show called "Love Fantasy", which caused Kusuo to appear next to (Y/n), covered in dirt and grime, looking dejected. "You're a mess, that won't do at all!" (Y/n) announced while standing up, she snaps her fingers, cleaning Kusuo up, and fixing his clothes.

"Thanks..." Kusuo said, still dejected from learning the ending of the "Love Fantasy" show. "Don't be so glum! Remember, you're never fully dressed without a smile!" (Y/n) said, making a coffee jelly appear in her hands, handing it to Kusuo, to cheer him up. "Marry me," Kusuo said once again while staring at the cup with a happy look, making (Y/n) slightly happy.