Coffee Jelly Incident

(Y/n) is casually spinning the carrying basket like it is a baton, luckily there are no items inside it. "Would you please stop? You're gaining attention" Kusuo demanded, to which (Y/n) complied. "But shopping is so boring, all your doing is staring at different coffee jellies, and their price tags" (Y/n) complained, slumping her shoulders to exaggerate her emotions.

"But it's a difficult decision! This is the coffee jelly I normally buy, while this brand is 183 yen for a 3 pack which is a good deal. If it's that much for 3 then each one is just 61 yen, meaning 2 would only cost 122 yen..." Kusuo goes on to do the math, losing (Y/n)'s interest.

"Just grab that one, you're starting to gain attention" (Y/n) teased, using Kusuo's demand from earlier against him. "Fine, I'll just get this, quantity beats quality," Kusuo said, only to feel a burning gaze at the back of his head. "I suggest you rephrase that" (Y/n) demanded, an evil aura around her from Kusuo passing over quality over quantity.

"Ah geez... You're the one who suggested buying it" Kusuo complained, taking a glance at the package, only to spot the grams. "Hm? Net weight? That's right! Just as I thought, each container that contains 3 packs is smaller, so it doesn't double the amount after all" Kusuo realized, once again losing (Y/n) along the way.

"Just buy one, this is already boring as it is, you don't need to make it more so" (Y/n) complained, quite ready to go back to the house. "Fine, fine" Kusuo said, as he puts the 3 packs away and started stacking the basket with coffee jellies. "Only because in this case, this brand's quality makes up the slightly reduced quantity, and obviously quality beats quantity" Kusuo pointed out, even though he reversed that a moment ago.

"You're hopeless" (Y/n) said with a shake of her head, her smile dropping a bit from how bored she is. Then, Kusuo started totaling how many he can get, he realized the 3 packs can make a bed or something. As Kusuo was staring at the 3 pack again, (Y/n) spotted something else.

"Hey, Kusuo, I think you might want to see this, a 2,950 yen coffee jelly" (Y/n) pointed out, quickly gaining Kusuo's attention. Finally, they left the store, 'they're paying 2,950 yen for one serving? That's obscene! Who would spend that much money on a coffee jelly?" Kusuo questioned.

"Kusuo... Did you forget that you bought the coffee jelly?" (Y/n) pointed out, making him stop in his tracks. "What? Oh right... What was I thinking?! Not to mention it's only 55 grams, maybe the taste is more satisfying than eating 48 cups of the kind in the 3 pack?" Kusuo questioned as he lifted up his coffee jelly to look at the grams.

"Even so, at that price tag, it better be good, if it's not... I'm burning the building" (Y/n) said demonically. "No, that's too suspicious, I would just blow it up" Kusuo lectured, somehow alright with destroying someone's company. "That's the spirit, knock them dead with no witnesses and leads" (Y/n) praised.

"But, in any case, we need to get home fast, walking around with a 3 thousand yen coffee jelly, I'm practically begging to get mugged," Kusuo said as he clutches the bag close to him. "You should hold it casually, that way it's less suspicious" (Y/n) suggested as they continue on their way home.

As they were walking a baseball rammed into the bag, "Oh no! The jelly!!" Kusuo said shocked. "Psycokanesis!" Kusuo said as beams of light hit came out of his eyes and onto the ball, sending it flying, even making a small twinkle at how far it went. "Kusuo, I do believe you were overdramatic again" (Y/n) said, while staring at the twinkle that faded into the clouds.

"I'm really sorry sir, ma'am, are you okay?" A little kid asked, "yeah, I'll be fine... But I can't say the same for you, after what you did!" Kusuo said with a psychotic look. "We are quite alright, 'tis but a scratch!" (Y/n) reassured the kid, ignoring Kusuo's yandere side for coffee jelly.

"Oh, hello Nendo, it's a pleasure to see you" (Y/n) said as she took notice of Nendo, who walks up to them. "Oh hey, buddy! Sorry, but the kid doesn't know his own strength! Oh hey! It's my other buddy!" Nendo said, taking notice of Kusuo. "What, you know those two?" The kid questioned.

"How does he always show up at the worst possible times?" Kusuo complained while still crouched on the ground. "Uh, hey, did you see where my ball went?" The kid asked after realizing his baseball is not in sight. "Sorry kiddo! Haven't seen it, must've rolled off somewhere" (Y/n) quickly lied.

This led to them helping the kid search for his baseball, even (Y/n) pretended to search for it. "I give up, I'm going to head home, (Y/n) are you coming?" Kusuo questioned, as he got up from his searching spot. "Sorry little fella, we can't find it anywhere, is there a reason why we can't buy you a new one?" (Y/n) questioned.

"Yeah! My grandpa gave it to me, right before he died... So it's really special to me!" The kid said with tears in his eyes. "I see... Well, in that case, we sure as heck gonna find it!" Nendo jumped in. "Don't cry little one, I swear on my undead life that you will get that ball back!" (Y/n) proclaimed, thankfully no one pointed out her statement.

While the kid turns to thank Nendo, (Y/n) creepily turns her head towards Kusuo. 'You better find that ball' (Y/n) thought with a sadistic grin. "Alright, alright, no need to be creepy" Kusuo said as he teleported away, "oh, it looks like your friend already left" the kid pointed out, right as Kusuo teleported away.

"WHAT!?" Nendo yelled out in shock, unaware that Kusuo teleported off to go find the ball. "Do not worry! We have three brains, and one ball, as the saying goes, 3 brains are better than 1!" (Y/n) announced. "You're right! So let's continue to search for that ball!" Nendo proclaimed.

"You know... That ball was signed by Negishi" the kid pointed out, trying to start up a conversation while they searched. "May I ask who Negishi is?" (Y/n) questioned, which earned a laugh from the kid. "He's a baseball player!" The kid said happily, quite amused that someone doesn't know about Negishi.

"Is that so? Does that mean it's worth a lot?" (Y/n) questioned, while also sensing Kusuo's approach. "If I remember right, grandpa said he saw a ball just like it on the internet going for 3 thousand yen," the kid said. "I see... So that's why..." Kusuo said, as he now has depressed marks dripping off his face, just by thinking about his coffee jelly floating in the ocean.

"Hey, look there kid looks like my friend has found your ball" (Y/n) announced, gaining Nendo and the kid's attention. "Haha! You're right! Wow... Thank you so much, Mr. I can't tell you how glad I am to get it back!" The kid said happily. "Don't be so glum Kusuo, I was always told that doing good deeds brings you good things" (Y/n) said while patting Kusuo's back.

Later that morning a delivery package was sent to Kusuo, inside the box was filled with 3, 3 thousand yen coffee jelly cups. "A little boy and his sister came by and dropped these off, they said they wanted to thank you for the other day," Kurumi said, while Kusuo ate a coffee jelly happily.

"I guess you were right (Y/n), good deeds do give you good things," Kusuo said happily. "Here, I'll let you have one, just this once" Kusuo offered, which is rare as he never offers his coffee jelly. "How generous of you" (Y/n) said with a happy smile, taking a seat next to Kusuo to eat the coffee jelly.