Unwilling Date

'How did I get myself in this perdicament?' Kusuo grumbled to himself as Teruhashi's brother sat in front of him, crying his eyes out. Something about how his sister kicked him out and how had crawled to the psychic, as if they were friends. "What do you want?" Kusuo asked, already annoyed with the guy.

"You see, I have a shoot tomorrow and it's showing in our neighborhood. The issue is, that if the industry spotted her, they would try and scout her. She isn't into the show business and I don't want a bunch of weirdos bothering my Kokomi," Makoto explained to the psychic. "How is this my problem?" Kusuo asked as he leaned his cheek into the palm of his hand. "If she gets scouted, she will become famous, which she doesn't want. So just tell her to avoid the shoot, that's it. Got it?" Makoto demanded before heading out.

Kusuo stared at the empty spot with a deadpanned expression. He can't believe Makoto expects him to go along with this. Then again, if Teruhashi became more famous than she is now, then her fans would block his path to school and ruin his peaceful life. 'What if her fans trample over (Y/n)'s return?' A foreboding thought entered his mind. Quickly, he shook his head, ridding his mind of that thought. He needs to deal with this problem quickly.

The next day at school, Kusuo reiterated what Makoto told him, from a very far distance. Just as he was about to leave to go home, and wait for (Y/n)-- I mean sleep, Teruhashi called out to him. "Wait, Saiki! Are you free after school today?" Teruhashi asked shyly, shooting her shot while (Y/n) was gone. Of course, Kusuo read right through Teruhashi's "gesture" of trying to "apologize" to him.

'Take the hint and leave me alone, I got better things to do than to go on a date with the likes of you,' Kusuo internally thought, looking slightly annoyed. "What if we go to a neighboring town? I'll buy you all the sweets you want," Teruhashi offered, now getting flustered. Kusuo's brows furrowed, for once in his life questioning if he wanted to take such a tempting offer.

Usually, he would've jumped at the option of free sweets, but his time at home is important this time. 'Maybe I can bring back something for (Y/n), for when she returns,' Kusuo thought, remembering he hadn't prepared for her return. "Fine," he reluctantly agreed, much to Teruhashi's delight, the psychic could already feel the regret sprouting.

Entering the town already made Kusuo regret his agreement. He knew it would be bad, but not this bad. He was so unhappy that anyone looking at him could tell he wasn't having a good time. But, no one looked, as they were too distracted with Teruhashi's beauty to care. 'I should've gone alone' Kusuo internally complained, wanting to ditch the girl and go home.

As they approached the cafe, the silence was loud as they stared at the closed sign. Kusuo was silently hoping for at least some sweets to placate his regret, but that went down the drain fast. "Oh darn, looks like they're closed today. How about we check out the shopping district instead?" Teruhashi suggested, trying to look sweet and innocent in hopes of lightening the mood.

Kusuo wasn't moved, as his day was completely ruined. 'I should go home,' Kusuo finalized, preparing to walk in the other direction of the walking beacon. "Come on, there should be sweets in the shopping district! Let's go!" Teruhashi insisted as she grabbed his arm and started dragging him. "Let go! I do not want to be here!" Kusuo demanded, only to fall on deaf ears.

Despite Teruhashi's determination, the shopping district had no restaurants. At this point, it was starting to look sad that even Kusuo felt bad. After the fourth Tatami mat store, Teruhashi started to look disappointed that it caught other's attention. "Excuse me, do you need help?" "Here, take my umbrella" "I got cafe coupons!"

In an instant, they were seated in a nice restaurant with free sweets and drinks, with the addition of loads of males. "Do you need anything else?" One of the boys asked. "No thanks, that is all, bye," Teruhashi waved off, quite pleased with herself. Kusuo felt annoyed for a couple of reasons, one, was the fact that Teruhashi could get anything she wanted easily. Two, the amount of people staring at them. And three, how he is wasting his time here when he could be waiting for (Y/n). He should've never agreed to this date, it was a complete mistake. It should've been (Y/n).

Before Kusuo could stand up to leave, his senses went off. He forgot about Mokoto! Quickly, he checked in on the male, only to find out he was right outside the cafe. "Oh? Leaving already? Hold on, I still have a line of people shaking my hand," Teruhashi said as she shook a stranger's hand. 'Damnit! Now's not the time! Ugh, I have no choice,' Kusuo groaned as he used his powers to turn the store sign to "closed".

Finally, they exited the cafe and started to head back. "You know, they are probably done with the shoot by now. But that doesn't mean we have to stop here if you don't want to," Teruhashi slyly said, trying to get more time out of the date. "No, I want to go home" Kusuo adamantly said, wanting nothing more to just be at peace in his home as he waited for (Y/n).

He ignored the baffled look on Teruhashi's face, as he located where Makoto was. Unfortunately for him, Mokoto is at the train station. He can't teleport, because Teruhashi would run into the dude. Kusuo's mood instantly droops, something Teruhashi did not notice. "Come on, let's go to the bowling rink," Teruhashi suggested, thinking Kusuo was shy.

"Fine..." Kusuo said in a moody tone, clearly not fine with the idea. He should've been with (Y/n), why did it have to be Teruhashi? Reluctantly, Kusuo had followed Teruhashi to a building called "Final Round" which it had multiple different activities inside. Maybe if he tries hard enough, he can make the girl hate him and he can be on his merry way.

Bowling? Won every round. Crain gift? Got her the worst figurine that she hated the most. Ping pong? She couldn't even hit the ball. Darts? Got every bullseye. Fighting game? Wouldn't even let her character spawn in. By the end of it, Teruhashi looked defeated and wanted to go home. 'Pathetic, at least (Y/n) would've tried to keep up with me, you didn't even try' Kusuo complained, despite knowing Teruhashi didn't have powers and (Y/n) did.

"Huh? Four-eyes?" Makoto asked, snapping Kusuo out of his thoughts. Shoot, he's been so focused on defeating Teruhashi's spirit that he forgot about Makoto's whereabouts. The look on the dude's face was a telling sign that he was beyond pissed at Kusuo. Not that the psychic cared until the recruiter spoke up. "Makoto, is something wrong?" The recruiter asked, spiking Kusuo to react.

Without thinking, Kusuo grabbed Teruhashi's hand and ran for it. "Look! That four-eyed bastard just grabbed her perfect hand! Go get him!" Makoto demanded three strangers. Slightly confused, they did as told and followed Kusuo to a photo booth. Opening it, they found no one inside, despite seeing Kusuo obviously go in it. "Huh, where did he go?" The stranger asked as they walked away.

'Shoot a grabbed her hand, (Y/n) isn't going to be happy to hear about this,' Kusuo muttered, internally apologizing to the demon. Hopefully, it works in his favor and pisses Teruhashi off since he grabbed her out of nowhere. 'Why... Why is my heart fluttering like crazy? Is it because I finally got to hold his hand? He never holds hands with anyone unless it's (Y/n). This means something, right?' Teruhashi wondered as she glanced at Kusuo.

'What? No, I grabbed you on accident' Kusuo insisted in his mind, knowing he couldn't respond verbally unless he wanted to be questioned on it. "Well? Are we going to take a pic?" Teruhashi asked with an evident blush on her face. 'No, not really, let's go home already,' Kusuo internally insisted, entirely done with today.

Besides he can't let (Y/n) see that he went on a date with another girl.