Chapter Seventeen: I Love You, Do You Know That?

*******Hoseok's POV*******

Jungkook and I stood outside a set of large wooden doors. There was a plaque in the middle that read 'Bang Si-Hyuk - Chairman.' Kook looked at me like he was waiting for something.

"What?" I whispered to him.

"Knock!" He whispered back.

"Why can't you?"

"You're the oldest," he pointed out.

"Why does this keep coming up?" I sighed. "Fine. I'll knock. If you stop using our age difference against me."

"For one week," he countered.

Ugh. Sometimes I wondered why I love this kid so much. But I do, so...

"Deal." I reached up and knocked on the door.

It opened almost immediately.

"Boys!" The happy man who opened the door said. "It's about time you got back home. How was your 'vacation'?"

"I wouldn't really call being stuck on a ship with 250 sweaty, messy, rude teenagers a vacation," Jungkook pointed out.

"Ahhh....I see," Bang PD said. He paused and looked around. "And where is this soulmate of yours? I've been looking forward to meeting her."

"You have?" I asked him. "I thought that you would be mad."

"Mad?" he shot back at me. "How could I be mad? Two of my favorite idols found their soulmate. I'm so happy for you! And you guys are the first soulmate uhh...thrupple, I think I was told that that's what it is called when it's three people. But I'm so happy for the three of you!" He pauses to look around, frowning when he looks back at Jungkook, then at me. "Where is she? Your soulmate?"

"Mairette," Jungkook tells him with a sad voice. "Her name is Mairette."

"We were on the way here, and she had second thoughts. She thinks that she needs to consider what it would mean to be the soulmate to two idols," I tried to explain, even though I don't fully understand myself.

"She thinks that people will judge her for how she looks," Jungkook said. He was in full Maknae pout-mode now.

"Why? What's wrong with her?" Bang PD asks, looking from me to Jungkook, then back again.

"Nothing is wrong with her!" Jungkook growls at the older man. "She's perfect."

I put my hand on his arm to try and calm him down. "Ease back, baby, it's okay."

Jungkook turns his head to look at me and I can visibly see him calming down, just from my touch. 

The older man pulls back and looks from me to Jungkook, his eyes going back-and-forth over and over again. "You...The two of you?"

I shrug at him and nod. "We're soulmates, too."

"So...you're not just soulmates with the girl?"

"Her name is Mairette, and no," I tell him. "We discovered that it's an even bond between the three of us."

Bang PD turned to look at Jungkook. "And you're okay with this?"

Jungkook nodded his head and shot me a smile. "More than okay with it. I love him."

Bang PD suddenly smiled even brighter than before, and the man clapped his hands together. In all of our years working with him, I've never seen him like that.

"This is fantastic!" he told us. "Just fantastic."

"But sir...what we are isn't even legal here," I reminded him. "I mean...we can't even get married."