Chapter Fifty-One: Consequences

*******Jin's POV*******

Joon was losing it. I could tell just by looking at him. There was nothing he could do, and it was killing him. He kept moving back and forth between me and Kris as we took turns throwing up. Or coughing up blood. Or losing consciousness.

"Namjoon..." I said, looking at him. "You have got to calm down before you have another panic attack."

"Can't. I can't," I told me as he held Kris' hair back while she threw up.

To be honest, I was kind of surprised that she was letting him take care of her that way. She might...might let me, even though she hated feeling helpless and needing somebody to take care of her. But Joon? That was a whole other story. She hadn't let him get close enough to touch her since the day that we all met.

"Mr. Kim, if I could just ask you a few basic questions while your body is taking a breather..." the doctor said as he looked at his clipboard.

"You can ask me whatever you want," I said, then pointed at Kris. "Just make her better."

"I'm hoping to make you both better," the doctor said. "When did your symptoms start?"

"If you're asking when we started projectile-vomiting like the Exorcist," I said, rolling my eyes, then groaning when it made me nauseous. "It started last night."

"And what were you doing before it started?" He asked. "Where were you? What did you have to eat?"

"We uhh..." I scratched my head, trying to remember. "We're on a new reality show, and we did our entrance interviews yesterday. Then we went to dinner with some of our friends. Then we watched TV before bed. It started around midnight, right after we laid down to sleep."

"Did you eat anything weird? Anything you might be allergic to?"

"You think that we both simultaneously developed the exact same food allergy?" I asked. This was stupid.

"Well....it's possible. Some soulmates do mirror things like that," He sighed and shook his head. "Though this doesn't seem like what that is. Did anything else happen that you haven't mentioned?"

I closed my eyes and rubbed at them. "We uhhh..." I paused and pointed at Namjoon. "We had a conversation with him."

"And who is he?"

"He's uhh..." I looked at Joon to see him staring back at me.

"I'm their other soulmate," he told the doctor as he held out his hand to shake. "Kim Namjoon."

The doctor looked confused as he shook his hand. "But the intake paperwork says that they only have each other as soulmates."

I held up my hand to interrupt. "It says that we've only fully-bonded with each other. Not that we don't have another soulmate."

The confused look remained on the doctor's face. "You have a three-person soulmate bond, but only two of you have fully-bonded?"

Kris looked at me. "What is so hard to understand about that? Is he stupid? Are we sure that he's a real doctor? Where did he go to school? I want to see his diploma."

Joon laughed and I chuckled softly at Kris. "That's the way of it, Doctor. We've had a few problems in our bond. Namjoon didn't want any part of it."

"But I changed my mind! I told you both that yesterday!" Joon exclaimed, trying to explain.

The doctor waved both of his hands in front of him to get our attention. "Can I just see if I've got all of this correct? You two are fully-bonded," he pointed at me and Kris and we both nodded. "But you didn't want to bond with them?" he asks, looking at Joon, who also nods. "But you changed your mind?" Joon nods again. "And you told them that yesterday?" This time, we all three nod, then he looks at me, then Kris. "What was your answer when he told you that?"