Chapter Sixty-Two: I Want Cake

*******Kit's POV*******

"Congratulations!" I heard from behind me as I was being pulled in 14 different directions by a hundred different people.

I turned towards the voice and saw one of my aunts standing there. I leaned down and hugged her.

"Thank you, Aunt Debi," I told her as we hugged. "I'm so glad that you were able to come."

"Like I would miss my favorite niece's wedding!" She said with a laugh.

I laughed a little. She always called me that. "I love when you say that. Because there are like 20 nieces to choose from."

"And they all know that you're my favorite, too!" She said, a huge smile on her face.

Somebody grabbed my arm and started tugging me away. It was one of the four wedding planners that were hired to construct this event. When you married a K-pop idol, nothing was left to chance.

"I'll find you in a bit!" I called to my aunt, waving to her as I was pulled away.

"It's time to cut the cake," the wedding planner told me, her sharp nails digging into my skin.

"If you want me to be able to do that, then you're going to have to let go before your talon nails cause me to need stitches."

She paused and looked down, then released my forearm, looking at the small red welts she had left behind. "I'm so sorry, Mrs. Kim. I have Soo-Na yelling in my ear," She paused to point at the headset she was wearing. "And telling me to drag you over to the cake."

"Tell Soo-Na that I said to chill the fuck out," I told her, rolling my eyes. "It's not like they can cut the cake without me. I am the bride, after all."

"I know, I know," she said. "She's just so bossy. And kind of scary."

"And impatient," I added.

"And a bit rude."

"Minus the bit."

We stopped and looked at each other, then started laughing.

"Ji-Ho, if she gives you any more trouble, send her my way, okay?" I said, patting one of her shoulders lightly. "You have done most of the work for this over-sized shindig yourself. You deserve to not be yelled at."

Ji-Ho bowed to me. "Thank you, Mrs. Kim. I really appreciate that."

"There's my beautiful wife," a deep voice said, as warm arms wrapped around me from behind.

I leaned to the side so that I could turn my head enough to see him, placing my hands on top of his arms that were around my waist. "It's not like I was lost, Tae."

"I know that, but I want cake."

I laughed as I leaned my head so that I could kiss his cheek. "Well then let's go cut that monstrosity."

He took my hand and walked me over to the middle of the dance floor, where they had wheeled the table with the cake, so that it was center stage.

"You could have picked it out yourself," Tae told me. "So that it was smaller and more simple, if that's what you wanted."

"No I couldn't have," I said with a laugh. "My husband is an important person, and there are like five million people here. My choice would have been a funfetti sheet cake that fed like twenty."

I stared at the cake. There were two stacks of three huge layers that touched on the bottom, with six more layers in the middle above them. Every other layer was white or turquoise, and the white layers had turquoise lines, with edible pearls where they criss-crossed. On the second highest layer, there were little, edible, purple hibiscus flowers. It was all topped off by a wooden carving that my brother had made, of a bride and groom, with 'Mr. and Mrs. Kim' next to them.