Chapter Forty: The Interview: Mairette

"Come in and have a seat," the producer said to us.

I looked at where she was indicating, and saw that there were three chairs, and three cameras, all separated by walls.

"I thought they said that we could do our interviews together?" Hobi asked her. "Since we've already completed our bond."

"Ummm...You three are going to do your interviews a couple of different ways," she told us. "We aren't sure what direction we want to go with. You are the original bond that this show was made for, right?"

"I guess so?" Jungkook said it like a question, then looked at me and Hobi. "Were we first?"

"Yeah, baby," I remind him. "Everybody else met because of us."

"Correction," Hobi says, holding up one of his long, slender fingers. "Everybody else met because they had to force you to come and see us, because you couldn't read anymore, and Kook and I completely lost our voices, because you got scared, ran away, and gave all three of us soulmate sickness."

"Okay, damn," I said, frowning a little. "Just throw me under the bus, why don't you?"

"Did I say anything wrong?" he asked me.

"Technically, no, but..."

"Didn't we agree that we were going to let this go?" Jungkook asks, glaring at Hobi.

"No. We agreed that we weren't going to talk about it anymore," Hobi clarifies.

"I'm just gonna...yeah...give you three a minute," the producer said, bowing as she backed out of the room and shut the door behind her.

"Either way, is that what you're doing right now, Hyung?" Jungkook asks him. "You already know how bad she feels about it. Why do you keep trying to make her feel worse, Hoseok? Leave her alone about it already."

"Look, Maknae, there might be times that I let you tell me what to do, but none of those times are in front of other people or outside of our bedroom," Hoseok told him with a glare. "I'm allowed to feel how I feel about this. And the longer that I think about it, the more that I feel like maybe she doesn't even want to be with us, but has no choice, because we've already completed our bond."

I gasped at him. I couldn't help it.

"Please tell me that you don't really think that I feel that way," I said to him, my voice barely above a whisper.

Hoseok crossed his arms and shrugged one of his shoulders. "Maybe I do."

I felt my lip and my chin start to tremble, so I turned away from him.

"Mairette..." Jungkook said, reaching for me.

I moved before he could touch me. "Don't."

"But I didn't-" he started, but I cut him off.

"I know you didn't. I just...I need a minute."

I turned and walked out the door, slamming it shut behind me. I was hurt, pissed, and upset. I didn't care how childish slamming it was. I looked around for the producer, finding her standing a few feet down the hallway.

"Is there another room that we can do my interview in?" I asked her. "I'd like to not have to see him right now."

"S-sure," she stuttered out, clearly surprised. "Follow me."

She took me farther down the hallway to a smaller room with just one chair and one camera set up in it.

"So they way that this interview is going to work, and the show, too, I guess," she started, sitting down next to the camera but not turning it on yet as I sat down in front of it. "Nobody is going to know who has found their soulmates and who hasn't, yet. The viewers will get to vote on who they want to see go on a date. They can then vote at the end of each episode, who they think the soulmates are, and if they get it right, then the people in your bond just kinda get to chill and help the others. But with these interviews, we want you to be completely honest about you, your mark, your soulmates, and then they will be spread out throughout the episodes, kind of as hints of who the right pairings are, or for a final interview to let the viewers know that they've chosen correctly. Does that make sense?"