Chapter Fifty: The Interview: Kit

"Can you start with your name, age, where you're from, and what you do?"

"My name is Kit Covington. I'm from Charleston, South Carolina, in the US. And I teach Medieval History.

"Do you have a soulmate marking?"

"I do have a marking, yes."

"Just one?"

"Ehhh...I don't know. It's hard to tell."

"So you don't know if you have 2 soulmates like the rest of your friends?"

I shook my head. "My soulmate marking has two gems, with a little sliver inside that is my birthstone and uhh...also my name." I shook my head. "No. Sorry. Can you cut that last part out? I never tell people my real name."

"Why not?"

"Because it's a weird and embarrassing name? My parents are...different. I have a bunch of sisters who are all also named after their birthstones."

"So then...what's your name?"

I shook my head. "Nope. Not happening."

"What month were you born?"

"November," I said, then slapped my hand over my mouth. "Damnit! You tricked me!"

The producer shrugged as she stared at her phone screen.

"It's my job to ask the questions, so I was just doing that. Citrine. Pretty name."

I groaned and covered my face with both hands. "God. I'm going to have to tell Tae now, or he'll never let me hear the end of it."

"Tae? Kim Taehyung? How do you know him? Is he one of your soulmates?"

I shook my head. "He's not my soulmate. But he is my friend. We've gotten pretty close lately."

"We heard that it was close enough that you keep waking up in the garden together."

I groaned. "Did he tell you that?"

"It's possible. But he wasn't the only one."

"How many people could possibly kn-" I stopped and narrowed my eyes. "Kris. It was Kris, wasn't it? That little brat. I'm going to hang her out the window by her toes."

"It wasn't Kris. It was actually Jimin, though he didn't tell us who Taehyung keeps waking up with. Just that he was sleepwalking and waking up in the garden."

"So...I outed myself? And so did Tae?"

"Tae seems to really like you. He said that he had been hoping you were his soulmate."

"Yeah...he's said that to me a couple of times."

"But you don't think that he is?"

I shook my head. "No. I don't. I don't have that kind of luck in life. Or...any luck in life. I can't even win at online bingo when I'm the only player."

"That does sound pretty unlucky."

"Exactly. So that's why there's no way that Kim Taehyung is my soulmate."

"Everybody's luck has to change at some point, right? How would you feel if he was your soulmate?"

"Honestly? I'd be pretty damn happy. I like Tae. A lot. He's a really nice guy. He genuinely cares for the people around him. I know that a lot of people say that Jimin is the sweetest man on earth, but I think they just aren't paying enough attention to Taehyung. He does all of these little things for people. He'll hold doors, carry stuff without being asked, leave you that last piece of pizza, go down the hill to get you ice cream when you're too lazy to get it yourself, make you coffee just the way you like it, send you your favorite sushi in the middle of the day for absolutely no reason. He's a really good person."