Chapter Fifty-Five: I Would Much Rather You Be Dead.

*******Jin's POV*******

"Jin..." I heard Namjoon's voice, but it was like I was under water in the middle of a lake, and he was standing on the shore yelling at me. "Jin. Baby, you have to eat. Please."

"I'm not hungry," I mumbled, staring at my knees as I sat on the couch.

"You haven't eaten anything in four days, Jin," Joon told me. "Four days. Just eat something. Please. For me."

I turned my head and tilted it up to stare at where he was standing. "I said that I'm not hungry, Namjoon. Why is that so hard to understand?"

He frowned at me. "It's not hard to understand, Jinnie. I'm just worried about you."

"Look," I said, running my hands up and down my thighs. "I realize that she was your soulmate, and you lost her, too. But you weren't bonded. You have no idea what I'm going through right now."

"No, but you and I are bonded, and I want to help you."

I rolled my eyes. "If you can even call that bonding. Fucking each other two hours after our soulmate died. It was sad and awkward and it felt so wrong."

"We had no choice, Jin," he said. "You were dying. If we hadn't, then I would have lost you, too."

I shrugged at him. "Not sure that I want to live in a world without Kris, anyway."

"So you would have just left me alone?" He asked me, his voice soft and sad and...broken. "You would have let me watch both of my soulmates die?"

I closed my eyes and rubbed at them with my fingers. How had we even gotten here? I leaned my head against the back of the couch and replayed some of the past few days in my head.

*******

"Jin! Jin, she's not breathing! What should I do?"

I pushed up from the bed and stumbled to the bathroom, then squeezed in past the small opening in the door, then I dropped to my knees next to Kris' body, which was pressed up against the door, barely letting us get it open.

"She...she's not breathing?" I asked, reaching out to hold my fingers in front of her nose and mouth to double check. "Are you sure?"

He looked at me like I had lost my mind. "Of course I'm fucking sure!"

"Then why aren't you doing anything? Give her CPR," I told him, but he was shaking his head. "You have to! I can't right now! I'm having a hard enough time breathing as it is, Joonie, please."

"I...I think..." he as he pressed his fingers to the side of her neck to search for a pulse, moving them several times. "I think she's gone, Jinnie," he told me in a sad whisper. "There's nothing we can do."

I glared at him. "You don't know that! Please try!"

"Jin..."

"Please, Namjoon. Please try. I can't lose her. My soul is bonded to hers."

He sighed. "Fine. But here, call 119 and get an ambulance." He handed me his phone, then he moved Kris' body until she was lying down flat on her back and tilted her head back a little. He took a deep breath and then he pinched her nose and pushed the air into her mouth. He sat up and started chest compressions, then breathed into her mouth again, repeating the process as I called Emergency Services.

When the ambulance pulled up outside 5 minutes later, Joon was still doing compressions while I laid on the floor next to Kris, holding her hand and talking to her. I was too weak to move at this point, but I didn't care. I wasn't leaving her.