Chapter Twenty: We Are Not Complete Without You

I looked back and forth between my soulmates. I couldn't believe that they had completely lost their voices because of me. I had done this to them. It was all my fault. I was squished between them on a couch in the studio that the guys had been working in. They both held one of my hands like they never wanted to let go.

Of course, I couldn't take it for the sweet gesture that it was. My insecure mind wondered if it was because they loved me, or because they needed their voices back.

Jungkook took out his notebook and pencil and began scribbling in it. After a few minutes, he held it in front of me to read.

저 예쁜 요루스 머리에 무슨 일이?

'What's going on in that pretty head of yours?'

So...I couldn't read English. I hadn't been able to in over a week. But, apparently, I could read Korean. Which is strange, since I never could before. This soulmate stuff was weird.

I shook my head at him and lowered my voice to a whisper that only he could hear. "Nothing, Jungkook. I'm okay."

He pulled the notebook back and started writing again.

넌 거짓말하고있어.

'You are lying.'

I frowned at him and he started writing yet again.

내가 눈치 채지 못할 것 같아?

'Do you think that I can't tell?' Well...it was either 'tell' or 'Do you think that I won't notice?' Korean is a difficult language, and even with my new fully-fluent brain, I still couldn't figure out which it was meant to be. I could only do my best and try to make it make sense in English.

He started writing again.

난 널 알아, 자기야

'I know you, baby.'

I sighed at him, leaning a little closer so that I could whisper. "Then what do you think that it is?"

He stared at me for a moment, his dark, wide, doe eyes scanning my face before he started writing.

당신은 우리가 목소리를 되찾기 위해서만 당신과 함께 있고 싶다고 생각합니다.

'You think we want to be with you only to get our voice back.'

Damn. How did he know that?

He rolled his eyes and wrote again.

당신을 알고 있기 때문입니다.

'Because I know you."

Was he a fucking mind reader now? What do I even say to him? He was right.

내가 옳다는 걸 알아

'I know I'm right.'

I sighed and stared at him before whispering.

"Fine. You're right. And also, apparently a mind reader," I tell him. "But so what?"

그것이 우리가 당신과 함께 있고 싶은 이유가 아닙니다.

'That's not why we want to be with you.'

I cock my head and stare at him, a frown on my face.

우리가 당신을 얼마나 사랑하는지 모르십니까?

'Don't you know how much we love you?'

"Are you speaking for Hoseok now, too?" I ask in a whisper.

나는 그가 같은 마음이라는 것을 알고 있습니다.