Chapter Thirty Five: I Never Do This

*******Kit's POV*******

He stares at me, cocking his head to one side, then to the other, his eyes narrowing a bit.

"What?" I ask him, feeling nervous, like he's dissecting me or something.

"Citrine."

I drop my jaw and stare at the beautiful man standing in front of me.

"How did you know that?!"

"It's...it's true?" June asked me, looking just as shocked as I felt. "That's really your name?"

"It is, but..." I paused to take a breath because I'm freaking out a little. "But nobody knows that. Even Mandy doesn't know that, and we've been friends for years."

"Really?" He asks. "It's a pretty name. Why don't you use it?"

"Umm...It's a stupid name," I correct him. "My parents only named me that because I was born in November, so Citrine is my birthstone."

"So if you were born in February, would they have named you Amethyst?" He asks me with a laugh.

"Yes. Which is why I have a sister, who was born in February, with that exact name."

He stares back at me. "You're kidding."

"Nope," I tell him with a shrug. "There's six girls in my family. Ruby, Pearl, Citrine, Opal, Amethyst, and Emerald. All named after our birthstones."

"I feel like you're just messing with me," June says with a laugh.

"I promise you that I'm not," I tell him with a shrug. "But you guessed my name...what was that about? How did you do that?"

"Oh. Umm..."

I watch as June reaches for the button on his sleeve and opens it, then starts rolling up his sleeve. Before he gets very far, a hand wraps around my arm and starts to drag me away.

"Hey! What the hell?" I ask, spinning to look at the person who was dragging me backwards. "Tae! What're you doing?"

"I'm making sure that you see the lights on the bridges," he tells me. "As promised."

"I appreciate that, but that was kind of rude," I tell him, trying to pull back on my arm to get him to stop.

He doesn't.

"Tae."

"I don't want you to miss it," he says as an explanation, as he grabs a bottle of something, and pulls me outside, then starts down The Hill towards the main road.

I have no choice but to follow him, because he has now entwined our fingers together. I look over at him, but his eyes are trained straight ahead. He looks determined. Why was he so enthused to show me the bridge lights?

"Tae..." I start.

"Yeah?"

"Why did you pull me away from June?" I asked him. "We were having a nice conversation."

"A nice conversation? With Jun-Hoe?" he asked me, rolling his dark eyes dramatically.

"And just what is wrong with him?" I asked, trying to pull him to a stop again, but he just kept walking and dragging me with him.

He didn't stop until we got to the sidewalk that followed along the edge of the river. He sighed as he dropped my hand.

"There's nothing really wrong with him," Tae says. "He's actually a really nice guy."