Chapter Forty-Six: The Interview: Yoongi

"Mandy!" Yoongi called down the hallway. "Come eat, we have to go for our interviews soon."

"Not all of us can be as carelessly beautiful as you, Min Yoongi!" she hollered back from her bedroom. "Some of us need a minute! 

Mandy came down the hallway, adjusting the crop top she just put on with her white skirt.

"Whatever you made smells good," she said, walking up beside him to kiss his cheek, then looking at the food on the counter. "You made rotisserie chicken? But Jimin hates that, doesn't he? Didn't he say that it tastes like charcoal or something along those lines?"

"Good thing I didn't make it for Jimin, then," he tells her, looking at her out of the corner of his eye. "He had a headache and wanted to take a nap, instead of eating, before we had to leave."

"You...you made it for me?" she asks him, her eyes wide as she points at her own chest.

"Of course I did," he tells her as he uses a fork to tear a little bit off the chicken and hold it up for her to taste.

Mandy takes the bite off the fork and chews it, her smile growing as she swallows. "Yoongi, this is amazing."

"You mentioned a few weeks ago that it was your favorite, and you haven't had it since leaving the US," he told her with a shrug as a cute blush colored his cheeks.

"I did..." she tells him, turning her body towards him a little more. "And you said that you didn't know what it was, right before Jimin said that he had had it in Dallas a few years ago, and he did not like it."

"I didn't know what it was," he told her. "But you said that you loved it, so I looked up a recipe."

"You really did that? Just for me?"

Yoongi frowned at her. "Why do you keep sounding so surprised that I would do something like this for you? You're my soulmate and I want to make you happy. Am I that big of a dick that it really comes as that much of a shock? I thought that I had been a pretty good soulmate up until now."

Mandy gives him a soft smile as she steps up to him and wraps her arms around his neck. "You have been an amazing soulmate, Min Yoongi. I didn't mean that I was shocked by you personally. I'm just not used to people doing nice things for me. I've told you how my family is."

Yoongi's shoulders relaxed a little at her words. "Yeah, well...I'm your family now. Jimin and I are your family. And we're both going to spoil you, because you deserve it. Plus, you spoil us right back. We're not going to stop showing you how much we care about you."

Mandy shook her head, making her lavender hair sway back-and-forth. "I don't want you to. I've never been cared for the way that you and Jimin take care of me, and I'm already getting used to it."

"Good..." he said, then nodded to a box on the kitchen table. "Because I also ordered you some of that shampoo you love but said you couldn't find here. I like the way it smells, and Jimin likes how soft your hair feels after you use it, and you love how good your hair looks. So I'll keep ordering it for you."

Mandy stared at him for a moment, then leaned up on her tip toes and kissed him softly. "You really are amazing, Yoongi. I-"

Yoongi frowned as her face scrunched up and she grabbed the back of her neck with one hand, the other on his shoulder to hold her up as she bent over a little and hissed in pain.

"Mandy?" He asked, the worry evident in his voice. "Kitten, what's wrong?"

She shook her head and rubbed hard at the back of her neck, her breath coming in heavy pants. Then, just as suddenly as it had started, her face relaxed again and she was able to take a few deep breaths before standing up straight again.