Chapter Fifty-Six: You Almost Got Me in Trouble

*******Kit's POV*******

I stared at the producer at the front of the room like she had grown three heads. She spoke in Korean, and then in English to clarify for us Americans, but she now looked like Fluffy from Harry Potter to me.

"If you've ever heard of speed dating, then you'll know how this goes. Those of you who are seated will stay put. Those of you who are standing will move from station to station in 5 minute increments."

What was this? 2001? Give me a break. I'm pretty sure that some of the people in this room weren't even born yet when speed dating was popular.

"There will be cameras in and out of your space at different times. Just pretend like they're not there."

"Oh. Sure. That seems likely," I muttered under my breath. I must have said it louder than I thought, because one of the guys in the middle of the room covered his mouth as he laughed.

"You'll hear this sound when it's time to switch to the next station." She held up an airhorn and pressed the button, causing everyone in the room to cover their ears.

"You know what would make this less awkward? An air raid siren." Again, I said it too loud, causing the guy to laugh. I looked at him for a moment. He looked tall from where I was sitting, but this is South Korea, so realistically, he was probably my height of 5'10, if not a little shorter.

"When you switch stations, make sure to introduce yourself," she said, looking around the room. "Also, remember that this is South Korea and honorifics are commonplace here, so please use them, as this will, of course, be on TV."

I leaned over to Yoongi, who was sitting next to me. "I don't know how to use honorifics. Please help!"

Yoongi chuckled and leaned closer to whisper to me. "You don't have to worry about it, you're probably the oldest one in the room."

I slapped his arm as he laughed, making a few of the people look at us.

"Yoongi! I'm serious!"

"So am I, Kit. I didn't mean it as the insult it came out as," he told me, then shrugged. "Just teasing you. But I think that the honorifics she means are mostly about being polite to those who are older than you, and you really are older than all of the idols. And the only one in our group who is close to your age is Mairette, but aren't you older than her?"

I sighed and frowned. "So I really am the oldest one?"

"Yep. Sorry, Noona," he said, giving me his gummy smile before leaning back so that I couldn't slap him again.

At least I knew what 'Noona' meant, thanks to Tae. I looked around the room to see where he was and saw that he was standing with the group of people in the middle. Lovely.

"Now, if those of you who are standing will step forward and choose a number, it will tell you which table to go to first."

"Please, choose the number of your first victim from this giant fish bowl that in no way imitates the way you will feel as we shove cameras in your faces while you make awkward small talk with people who speak a different language than you do."

Possibly tall guy laughed again. Damn. And I thought I was quieter that time.

I also just realized that he could understand me, even though I was speaking English. Bonus points for him.

"When the horn goes off after the allotted time, you'll just move around in a circle, like so." She mimicked a circle with her finger, going counter-clockwise, like none of us knew what that meant.