Chapter Sixty-Seven: The Reunion Show

"Welcome to Soulmates, the BTS Reunion! I'm your host, IU," she said, then turned to the man sitting next to her.

"And I'm Lee Jong Suk," he said, pointing at his own chest. "And I don't think that our guests need any introduction, since you've been watching and voting on them for months, but let's do it anyway."

"First we have J-Hope and Jungkook, and their soulmate Mairette."

The three of them waved at the camera.

"Jin, Namjoon, and Kris," IU said, indicating the next group.

"Suga, Jimin, and Mandy," Jong Suk, said, pointing at the three to his left.

"And finally, Taehyung, Kit, and as an added bonus, June from IKON," IU said, gesturing towards the last group, who smiled at the camera.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Jong Suk said, then turned towards the group next to them. "A little birdie told me that you three are the reason that the show came to be. Can you tell us how?"

Jungkook looked at Mairette, then at Hobi, and gestured for one of them to answer, so that he wouldn't have to.

Hobi rolled his eyes at him before answering. "I don't know that we were really the reason, so much as we just happened to be first. A lot of companies had a rule where if you find your soulmate, and bond with them, then you're out. But how is that fair to the idols? None of us had done anything wrong. We just happened to be in the right place, at the right time, and found our soulmates. Lucky for us, our company decided that rule was stupid, after Kook and I found Mairette, and so the show idea came to be."

"And how did you find your soulmate?" IU asked, leaning forward a little.

Mairette raised her hand. "I'll answer that one. I'm a teacher, and I was teaching on a Semester at Sea ship. One of the students in my homeroom class entered in a contest to have BTS come and play at your school, and she won. I had no idea who my soulmates were, of course, but I have a double South Korea mark on my wrist. Hobi and JK just kind of...figured it out."

"How did you know that she was your soulmate?" she asked Jungkook, who blushed at being asked a direct question by his idol.

"I...umm...we..." he cleared his throat and took a deep breath. "Hobi-Hyung got her phone number, when he turned 24, but it was missing some numbers. And years later, when I got mine, and it was only two numbers, we realized that my two numbers were what was missing from his. So we started calling the number, only we kept getting a message that the phone was out of area. Turns out that's because she was in the middle of the ocean. We just happened to be on her ship and when she was telling Joon-Hyung about her markings, I knew that it was her." He turned his head to smile at Mairette. "She was our missing piece."

The two hosts turned to Kris, Jin, and Namjoon.

"We all saw on screen that there were some issues in your bond," Jong Suk said. "But you were able to overcome them?"

Joon looked at his two soulmates, then nodded his head. "Yeah. The problem was me. But I eventually got my head out of my ass."

Everybody in the room laughed at that.

"What was the problem?" Jong Suk pressed him.

"Jealousy mostly," Joon told him with a shrug. "Of course, nobody knew this except our other members, but Jin and I had been together for a long time. And then Kris came along, and I got a mark for her the first time that we shook hands. Then Jin got a mark for me at the same time. Which, honestly, makes complete sense. So I had two wonderful soulmates. But then...we found out that they were also each other's soulmates, which again, makes complete sense. But I wasn't prepared to share them with each other." He paused and shook his head, looking at Kris, then at Jin. "I can't apologize enough for what I put them through."