Chapter Fifty-Nine: My Little Muffin

"Noona!"

I looked up to see who the next person was that was sitting at my table, and broke out into a huge smile.

"My favorite little muffin!" I said, reaching across the table to squeeze his hand before pulling mine back. "How are you, Taehyun?"

"I'm good, Noona," he told me with a big smile still on his face. "How are you?"

"I've asked you a bunch of times, please just call me Kit."

"I'm not sure that I can do that," he said, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink. "It's a respect thing.

"I'm American," I reminded him. "As long as you don't throw something at me or cuss at me, then you're being respectful."

He laughed at me and shook his head, making his silky hair sway back-and-forth. "No offense, Noona, but Americans are weird."

I shrugged at him. "I didn't make them that way."

"I can't just not call you Noona," he said with a shrug. "But I can call you Kit Noona if you'd prefer."

"I like that better," I smiled. "So...how did you like the cookies that I made you?"

I heard a small gasp from the next table and cut my eyes to the side to see Tae staring at me with his jaw dropped, looking a little offended, but I ignored him and looked back at Taehyun.

"They were incredible!" he told me, his tone excited. "What were they called again? And what was in them? I couldn't quite figure it out."

"They're called spellbinder cookies," I reminded him. "And they basically have everything in them. Oats, chocolate chips, coconut, corn flakes. Then a lemon glaze drizzled on top."

"Did you create them?"

"You have too much faith in me, Taehyun," I told him with a laugh. "I got them out of a cookbook a long time ago."

"Well they were amazing, Noona," he said with a smile. "Thank you for making them for me."

"Anything for my little muffin," I said, reaching over to playfully pinch his cheek, making him blush again. I loved this kid. "I can make you something else if you want?"

"Other cookies?"

I laughed at him. "Or actual food, dude. I can't cook Korean food, but I make a killer chicken lasagna. Or chicken and dumplings. Or I make this awesome taco chicken thing."

I could hear Tae grumbling from the next table, and from the corner of my eye, I saw Yoongi, who's table it was, snap his fingers at him, which made me snicker.

Taehyun glanced at the other table, then back at me before leaning in to whisper to me.

"What's Taehyung-Hyung's deal? Is he mad at you?"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "No. He thinks that I'm his soulmate, and I'm not."

Taehyun glanced at Taehyung again, then smirked at me. "Should we make him jealous?"

I laughed at him. "I don't think that we'd have to try very hard."

He reached across the table and took one of my hands in both of his as he smiled at me, raising his voice a little. "I would love it if you would cook dinner for me one night, Noona."

Tae growled, and not softly, making Taehyun turn his head to the opposite side and giggle in his cute, little Taehyun way.

"Actually, you're more than welcome to cook for me anytime you want to."