Chapter Twenty Six: But...

*******Third Person POV*******

"I don't understand," Kris said as she pulled her clothes back on. "I thought that you said that you didn't get the Elixir and so you don't have a mark."

"I...I didn't get the Elixir," Jin said, fastening his jeans, then sitting down on his bed. "I got the mark on my 24th birthday, and I have spent the past 5 years covering it up with makeup."

"Why?"

"Because it's not really a mark," he told her. "It's not a phone number. It's not anything but a long-ass book that is also somehow a poem."

"Oh yeah, The Odyssey is terrible," Kris said with a laugh. "They tried to make us read it in high school. I have carefully avoided forcing it on my students."

"Exactly. So I've always covered it up," Jin said. "I didn't want to have to try and explain that it was possibly a soulmate mark, and not a weird, confusing tattoo, if anyone saw it. Even the rest of the members haven't seen it. Hell, not even Joon has seen it."

"How is that possible?" Kris asked, sitting down next to him on the bed with one foot under her so that she could face him. "You guys have been together for around 9 years, right?"

"Right," Jin said with a laugh. "And it hasn't always been easy to keep it hidden from him. Waterproof foundation had to be used, because that man likes to shower together."

Kris choked out a laugh. "Seriously? That's...actually, it's kinda cute."

"On the plus side," Jin said, turning to smile at her. "You wanted a way to not feel left out of your soulmate bond, right? Well this is something that you know and he doesn't."

"I guess we're going to have to tell him, aren't we?"

"About my mark?"

"About us and how we're soulmates, too," Kris told him.

"But not about what we just did?" Jin asks.

"How do you think that he'd take it if we did?" Kris wondered out loud. "You know him better than I do, so it's up to you."

"I might know him, but I honestly don't know how he'd react," Jin told her honestly. "On one hand, he might be pissed that I fucked his soulmate against a wall."

"Your soulmate, too, though," Kris reminded him. "Though we didn't know that at the time."

"On the other hand," Jin continued. "He might be relieved that we're getting along."

"Should we open the doors and let some air in?" Kris asked, pointed toward the glass balcony doors.

"Why?"

"Because this room smells like sex, Jin," Kris said, laughing softly. "If we're not going to tell him, then how would we explain that?"

Jin laughed, too, putting his hand on her knee, then quickly pulling it back. "Sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" Kris asked him. "After what just happened, you shouldn't feel nervous about touching me."

"Kris, we've spent almost all of our time together fighting," Jin said. "Are we really just going to jump right into this soulmate thing?"

"Do you not want to?"

"Do you want to?" He asked. "You seemed pretty set on not following through with it with Joon."

"Because I thought that I would feel left out," Kris said. "But now that we know that you and I are soulmates, too, I don't...I don't feel the same as I did before."