Chapter 8

Warning: strong and violent language.

"Lucas... where are you going?"

He turned slowly, looking Leon in the eyes, Lucas knew his expression must have given him away because Leon stare back at him surprised. He grabbed him by the arm.

"What's wrong with you?"

A grumble sounded behind his back, it was Manon's voice 

"I missed the show, didn't I? Why didn't you call me?"

Lucas let go of Leon's hand.

"Manon, I'm leaving, I don't feel well."

The young woman didn't understand anything at all, she wanted to ask him but she knew that in front of others he would never talk. Leon excused himself for a few moments and disappeared.

It was Manon's chance.

"What's wrong with you?"

He remained silent.

"Lucas I know you, what's wrong with you?"

" I shouldn't have come. I don't like these kinds of places and you know it very well. I don't feel comfortable."

Manon was sure that something happened. His sister replied in a reassuring tone.

"I don't know how to get back. Let's call a cab..." she turned around looking for Leon, "when he gets back, we'll say goodbye and leave."

Manon watched him nodding nervously, looking around as if he was expecting to see someone at any moment. For an instant she thought about the possibility that he had recognized someone from Italy, but it wasn't possible.

Lucas leaned against the bar with a blank stare and suddenly turned to his sister.

"Manon, I will head...." he stopped talking, his stare fixed.

Manon looked at him, and followed her brother's gaze. 

Leon was near the stage and seemed to be chatting intimately with Numa. The young guy with green eyes was laughing apparently amused, oblivious to everything that was going on around him. What surprised Manon the most, was the way the Numa was dressed. He was wearing leather pants and had a naked torso, only a pendant decorated his chest. It didn't take much to realize that those two had something, Leon spoke to him very closely, smiling, letting his lips brush the young guys' lips occasionally, he tried to kiss him but Numa pushed him amused and disappeared for a few moments behind the scene. Leon turned around, smiled at them and walked towards them.

"Manon, don't say anything," whispered Lucas.

Lucas felt a fire inside that almost prevented him from speaking, Leon approached them smiling and he seemed more of an idiot than usual. He did not only feel hurt deep inside, but he was furious, he hated that asshole and he would have loved to punch his face at that moment.

"We're leaving." announced Manon

That seemed to unhinge him for a while.

"Still at it?"

Lucas looked at him sideways if he answered him at that moment they would end up very badly, his sister did it for him.

"We're a little tired, and I am not feeling very well" explained Manon

"It's all right, next time, I just... I have to stay," he winked smiling.

"Leooooooo" it was a somewhat shrill voice, the group headed towards where the sound was coming from. Lucas recognized him instantly, it was the guy who performed the show together with Numa, although now he was dressed in tight white pants and a transparent T-shirt of the same color.