Chapter 17

If Lucas thought nothing worse could happen, he was proven wrong when his sister entered his room without knocking, evidently excited.

"Luuu!"

"What's wrong? Don't you know how to knock?"

"I have super news."

Lucas looked at her for a few moments, wondering what had her so excited.

"What?"

"Guess who's arriving tomorrow from Italy?

Lucas' blood froze, he didn't want to know, he had a bad feeling.

"Giovanni! Our cousin is coming to visit us."

Lucas felt that the room was spinning around him and decidedly prayed that the world would end that night so that he wouldn't have to face him.

Perfect, if my life was a disaster, now I can consider it ruined.

#

Numa woke up with a familiar tiredness and a throb in his body from the previous night's exercise, he stretched slowly, fighting against sleep as he tried to open his eyes. The mirror on the ceiling startled him and with a gasp he sat up, they were still in the hotel!

Leon was sleeping on his side, face down with his legs spread and his hair disheveled. Numa let him be, he had to shower and leave for school. He looked at the time, it was almost 8 in the morning and it was impossible to get there on time.

"Shit...shit...," he muttered under his breath as he tried to pick up his clothes scattered around the room.

Leon opened one eye, turned his head and watched him amused. This time he wouldn't miss the show.

Numa felt the gaze on his body and turned angrily to meet Leon's amused gaze.

"Do you know what time it is? I should be at the door of school by now..."

he disappeared under the bed. „haven't you seen my socks?

Leon's laughter filled the place.

Numa sat up, obviously annoyed, and attacked him by throwing one of the socks he had just found, Leon responded by throwing the pillow at him.

They entertained themselves for a few minutes until Numa fell down on the bed, imprisoned under Leon's weight, laughing.

"Ugh...now I'm not even going to make it, and all because of you," Leon moved closer to him to kiss him again softly, it was evident, that meant to be just the beginning. Numa pushed him slowly but firmly away, looking him directly in the eyes.

"Forget it Leon, it's too late."

"Exactly! You'll be late anyway."

"But if we hook up again...then I'll be there next year."

He escaped from the young man's harassment and went to the bathroom. He started to take a shower, when he felt the sound of the door opening, Leon was there, looking at him, as nervous as that made him.

"Leon, sweetie, don't you have anything better to do?"

"Surely I have, but you're not going to like the idea...."

Numa pretended as if he hadn't heard him, turned around and hurried to finish the task as soon as possible and escape from those eyes as fast as possible.

He went out and got dressed while Leon took the shower. It wasn't long before Leon came out drying himself with the towel apparently without much hurry.

"So what? Aren't you going to get dressed? Aren't you going to campus?"

Leon shrugged.

"I have other things to do."

Numa looked at him questioningly.

"I have to look for an apartment."

He was obviously surprised.

"but didn't you live with your parents?"

"'bout that, let's say my father invited me to leave home."

Numa looked at him, surprised for a moment, and then understanding why Leon was like that the day before.

"Damn! You look so calm, anyone would say you've been paid to leave."

"Well, he's done that too, although he doesn't know yet," he winked at him.

"When do you have to leave?

"By the end of the week."

The look on Numa's face was enough to know that something was not right.

"Leon getting an apartment takes time, finding offers, contact real state agencies, signing a contract...it can be a real odyssey"

"How do you know so much?" asked Leon, openly impressed.

"My best friend had to move and we looked for the apartment together," it was not an easy task, "Do you want me to help you?

"Sure" Leon smiled gratefully, „but you better go to school now... see you this afternoon" Leon smiled to himself, he already had an excuse to see him that day.

"Okay " nodded Numa while he watched him a little worried, although Leon was not talking about that, surely he suffered by being kicked out of his family house.

For a moment he saw him lying there naked and in a way he seemed so innocent and unaware of the world. Or probably Numa had just a unfairly big portion of the cruelty of the world at a young age, that he felt like Leon needed some sort of protection. Internally, he hoped that Leon wouldn't fall in love with him because then he would like to keep him as a friend.

"Hey Numa," Leon suddenly became serious, "thank you!

"Nothing, what are friends for if not to help each other,? " he smiled broadly, hoping he had gotten the message, "well I'm going now, otherwise I won't even make it by 9, see you this afternoon.

Numa looked at him for a few moments before deciding to leave the room.

Leon stood there in thought, looking at his own reflection on the mirror, the violet hair and dark gray eyes.

"Friends..." he sighed, slowly getting sick of hearing that word.