Chapter 10

Numa was sitting on one of the benches, the cut on his arm has stopped bleeding, it was not deep, fortunately, but it burned quite a bit.

He had a headache that made his temples throb, but he didn't know what it was due to, since the strongest blow he received landed squarely in his jaw, and it really hurt.

He had still a naked torso, Lucas had already left as well as Leon.

He leaned against the cold wall of the place, his only companion on that place was a homeless man in a corner and the young man who attacked him with the knife.

He closed his eyes for a moment. He was exhausted.

-What should he do? How should he go on?

Things rushed and he didn't know how to react to Lucas. He couldn't forget how he had turned his face upside down when he saw him dressed like that. Has he seen the show? Surely he has, surely he has seen him dance.

Did he enjoy it or was just disgusted? He knew for a fact that any bond of friendship that they had until that night, it has been magically dissolved.

Leon? What did Leon mean to him?

Nothing

answered a voice inside his mind, although it was not something new, Leon was a good element when it came to getting laid, maybe he was a potential good friend, however, he could not consider a relationship with him.

He knew he was looking for more, but he didn't like him, at least not as a partner.

Lucas came back to his mind, everything went to shit overnight. What could he do, when not even in the southern part of a such big city he could escape from what seemed to be a destiny?

Someone called him, it was the officer.

"Numa Lund, you can go now."

He was surprised to hear that, actually he thought he was going to spend night there.

He need to ask questions, he automatically got up, followed the officer silently through the corridors until he finally reached the hall. Leon was waiting for him with a smile, Leon but not Lucas.

Idiot he thought, reproaching himself for being so naive.

He followed him, showing no desire to engage in any conversation. They got in the car, Leon asked him the address and he answered automatically, he didn't care about anything else.

After a very long drive they arrived at the home. He said goodbye with a vague hand gesture and entered the building. It was 6 am, surely his grandmother was sleeping.

He crept inside, took off his shoes and slowly made his way to the bathroom.

Something in his chest was about to burst. He closed the door, looked at himself in the mirror and sat down on the floor leaning against the door. Tears began to run down his cheeks, he could not scream like he would have needed to, so he chose to do it silently.

That was one of those moments where he felt that things just didn't work out when it came to him and relationships. It seemed he was destined to only have bad experiences.

He hid his face in his hands while he let out a few choked sobs, he remained silent for a few moments, after feeling a little relieved he took a shower to get the heaviness out of his body and the memory of the fight. Wrapped in the towel he went to the kitchen to make himself a cup of tea, he remembered what his grandmother had once told him, that sweet jasmine tea was good for a broken heart, however his hands went to the package of mate tea. Sweet, milky and watery.

He felt ridiculous when he finally sat down in the living room with the steaming cup in his hand, a 17 year old boy who practiced boxing, fighting with everyone, sitting like a child wrapped in a towel and drinking mate teathat did not bring back the best memories. He began to laugh at his own image.

As he emptied the cup a warmth flooded him inside, sleep came without being called and he escaped to his room to let himself fall on his bed and sink into a pleasant darkness.