Chapter 51

#WHEN YOU FALL IN LOVE

The lectures passed in an almost boring and monotonous way. He left the institute, looked at his cell phone, Lucas has not sent him a single message, that was strange. He was a little worried. Since the incident with Manon, they agreed he would keep him informed. He assured him that there was nothing to worry about, and he sincerely hoped their communication has improved.

He returned home, changed, ate something and without thinking he left for the clinic. On the one hand, he thought that if he hasn't called him, it meant probably he didn't need any help. Maybe they already caught the culprits. On the other hand, if that were really the case, he supposed Lucas would have called him to tell him the good news. 

He arrived at the room and went straight upstairs but what a surprise to find out Manon was not there, the room was free, he asked one of the nurses and she informed him of the change and guided him to the new room. Numa knocked before entering, the young woman's voice invited him in.

"Numa" exclaimed the young woman with evident joy, she looked a little pale. 

"How are you doing, beautiful?," he sat down next to her, "and your brother, did he leave you all by yourself?

"No, he went home to get some clothes, supposedly today in the afternoon I can go home, well I'm going to Seleika's house, it's much safer, you know after yesterday's event".

"Yesterday?" asked Numa in a strange way.

"Didn't Lucas tell you?" Manon looked at him strangely "I'm sorry, maybe he wanted to tell you."

"What happened?"

"It's better if..."

"Manon, what happened?" The young man's expression was serious.

"On his way home, a guy attacked Lucas, they were looking for the drugs. He got threatened, they even mentioned coming after me" the young woman told him in a tone that she tried to make sound calm.

"What?" asked Numa, startled and worried, this was a serious matter.

"Yesterday the police were here"

"Did you call the police?"

"Yes...yes" hesitated the young woman.

He shook his head, smiling, Lucas did not understand that in certain cases it was better to not involve the police. Probably the forces worked very well in Europe  for people to have so much confidence in them.

"So, he called the police and why didn't he call me? I told him that if something happened he could call me at any time..."

"Numa, I think he didn't want to get you in trouble. It's enough his sister is in the mess, he doesn't want to put all the people he loves at stake."

"Yeah, but I'm old enough to decide for myself whether I want to get involved or not. Besides, when was he planning to call me, or was he  not planning to call me at all?

"No!. He told me he wanted to call you today, that's for sure" she paused to drink some water " I wanted to know your opinion, I don't know Numa, it seems to me that you would know how to act, it's not because you..."

"Yes, it's true, I wouldn't have called the cops. These kind of people are very sensitive to that kind of things, didn't they say anything else?"

"That's all I know, maybe Lucas should be here soon, so you can ask him."

Numa was about to open his mouth but decided to keep quiet, why tell him anything? What would he say? That he didn't feel like talking to him? It was silly, he knew Lucas meant it well , even so, he couldn't help but feel left out.