Chapter 24

It was a cool night, he had to put on his winter jacket, but he didn't care, it was his birthday, He got to the center of the city by bus and once there it took him about 5 minutes walk to get to the pub. It was a small place, with dim lights and loud music.
One of his friends was waiting outside, he opened the door, and a loud music reached his ears, it took him a while to realize that it was a bugle, millions of papers fell on his head, a light came on and he could see the faces of all his friends and acquaintances sitting there shouting Happy Birthday! He felt an indescribable emotion rise in his chest and a happiness that filled his insides. They had done so well that he has not even suspected anything.
A figure emerged from the middle, it was Agustin in a carnival cat costume with a very long tail.
Numa couldn't help but burst out laughing.
"TADAAAAN!" he shouted in front of him.
"As I know you like cats, here's one for you!"
Numa laughed heartily, someone changed the music and the party began, on the bar were the plates with pizza, sandwiches, snacks and drinks. One by one they approached to greet him, the gifts were placed at the back on a table.
There was Manon and she looked beautiful, she was wearing only a pair of tight jeans and a silk shirt with a beautiful dragon embroidered on it, she smiled at him before hugging him in her arms.
"Happy birthday, this is for you," she held out a small box "I was afraid to leave it on the table," she added softly.

Numa grabbed it, people had started dancing to the rhythm of the fabulous cadillacs while singing at the top of their voices.
Before opening it, he looked at her for a few seconds. Manon seemed to understand.
"I tried to convince him but in the end he didn't come, it's just that he is stubborn...and I don't think you help too much either."
Numa smiled shyly at her. He opened the box and let out a cry of surprise.
It was a shiny silver pendant from a famous designer. It simulated Saturn with its rings, and had come out of one of the manga that could be considered classics.
"And do you like it?"
Numa seemed to have lost his speech, Agustin joined them in the small gathering.

"NOOOO! THE PENDANT! It's beautiful!"
Numa proudly showed it to everyone, turned to Manon.
"I... " he didn't know what to say, he knew that the idea had been Lucas' because he was the only person to whom he had told it once and Lucas had made fun of him "thank you Manon. "
In spite of knowing whose idea it had been, Manon considered it a good sign that he had accepted it anyway.
Agustin took him by the hand and dragged him away, they got on a table and began to dance to the rhythm of the music. His friend spent the whole party posing in front of the video camera that one of the guys had brought with him while he meowed in a very strange way, finally they decided unanimously that it was the typical meow of felines when they were in heat. The point of the night was when one of the boys appeared disguised as a dog to compete against Agustin but most of the guests mistook him with a character from Sesame Street.

At 5 a.m. the place was almost empty, the last ones were Agustín who was super drunk and Manon who had also felt attracted by the vodka and orange and at that time she was laughing at anything.
Numa drunk enough but not enough to lose control, although the three of them together were a show to watch. Manon called her brother Alex to pick her up, who didn't seem too happy about being woken up at 5 in the morning.
"Then send Lucas," added Manon with a chuckle.
"Yes!" shouted Numa from behind, "send Lucas." he added, blushing as he said it.
Between arguments they finally hung up.
The owner of the place stood there looking at the mess with a face of desolation but with the consolation that at noon some of the people in charge of the party would come to clean up the mess.
In the half hour that passed until they saw Alex's black Mercedes double parked, Numa took the opportunity to drink some black coffees on the owner's recommendation in case his grandmother was awake so that he could at least talk.
The older brother walked into the pub, waved just looking at the rest of them.
"Aleeeeeeeeeeee!" exclaimed Manon when she saw him and jumped on his neck.
"Oops, what did you drink, my dear? Next time, you should call a taxi, I'm not your driver."
He almost dragged her to the car. The other one came laughing, opened the car door and rushed her in.
"The boys live close to..¨
"Okay"
He turned to the bar to let them know they could ride with him, he looked at the cat costume with a frightened face.
Manon was sitting in the front, Numa and Agustín behind, two minutes passed before the latter fell asleep, Numa thought about how he would take him home.
Finally they parked at Lucas' house, from there both Numa and Agustin could go by walk.
Lucas was at the door of the building, to stay with his sister while Alex put the car in the parking lot.
Numa watched him for a few moments as he tried to take his sister inside but she refused to be helped. Agustin sat down on the stairs of the building to fall asleep again. His sister had decided to go upstairs alone, apparently she was feeling better. Lucas stood there at the door.
"Happy birthday. "
"Why didn't you come?

Lucas looked at him a bit astonished, Numa approached him, and then the young man could see the chain he wore around his neck with the pendant.
"I thought that after what happened last time, it would be better if I didn't go. "
Numa removed the chain from his neck, his head still spinning.
"Why," he swung the chain in front of his eyes, "I don't want such an expensive gift just for the sake of it. "
"It's not from me, my sister gave it to you. "
"I don't understand you."
He took the chain from Numa's hand and put it back on his neck, then he realized how close he was, he felt the strange aroma of Numa's mouth, a mix between coffee and alcohol.
And in an impulse he kissed his lips fleetingly, a delicate touch that made Numa's skin bristle. He saw him close his eyes and open those fleshy lips... and for a moment he was about to lose control.

"I'm sorry," he whispered softly. Numa opened his eyes and stood there watching him for a few seconds. Didn't he want to kiss him? How was he supposed to take that?
Footsteps were heard in the street. Lucas moved away quickly and a minute later his brother appeared, still angry about the early morning phone call.
Lucas followed him without looking back. Numa got up and with Agustin they went to the house.
Lucas went upstairs and went straight to the bedroom, surely Giovanni would be awake to see what had happened.
When he arrived Giovanni was waiting for him in the living room.
"You also had to park the car?" he looked at him with certain mischief, Lucas realized he hated every time he looked at him that way.
"No, actually we made out with Numa and between blowjobs we didn't realize what time it was"
Giovanni frowned at Lucas's irritated tone.
"Not all of us are like you, Gio," he added before disappearing into his room.
Giovanni stood there chewing his gum.
"It's like Leon says, this guy is an idiot."