Chapter 44

#NEW ILLUSIONS

The previous Saturday's dry spell didn't stop Numa from waking up early enough to call home. It was 9 a.m. when he found himself calling his Grandmother and waiting anxiously for her to answer. Eleonora, accustomed to not receiving calls from Numa at that hour, was startled but her grandson reassured her by simply asking if anyone had called. He hung up disappointed when he received a negative answer and felt sad about what was slowly coming to an end.

He felt incredibly tired but could not fall asleep, he barely managed to sleep 3 hours, despite the alcohol, it was difficult to close his eyes when he finally lay down on the bed. He walked around the house observing it, it was quite a big apartment, finely furnished, and very clean. His classmate's parents did have money. He went to the living room to plop down on a white leather sofa in front of a beautiful old dark marble fireplace. He noticed that the room only alternated between dark and very light shades, which gave a really impressive effect. He looked at the family photos and smiled, it was silly but every time he entered someone's house he loved to look at the family photos, which he lacked. Did he have a photo with his mother?

He felt a little cold and realized that he was still in his underwear as if he were in his own house. He got up and went to the bedroom to pick up his clothes and then went to the bathroom to take a shower, but even when he submerged himself under the hot water he didn't feel any better. He felt strangely bad, perhaps it would be best to return home, in that place he did not feel at ease, he barely knew his classmates and since winter had begun and they had stopped playing soccer and had not had much contact outside the institute and that did not make sense, he shared absolutely nothing with them, he did not belong to their world, he had his own friends, his own group with whom to talk about certain things. He went back to the room, his classmate was still sleeping and he took the opportunity to prepare his bag and leave. The bad thing was that he would have to wait until he woke up and they had gone to bed at 6 which only meant one thing, he could forget to wake him up for another 8 hours. He looked at the library, looking for some interesting book, to see if apart from the playboy collection he had something else, maybe something creative to read, although he had to admit that a couple of male models were not bad at all.

Why did he keep thinking about Lucas? Couldn't he get him out of his head? He grabbed the book and left the room to lie down on that tempting sofa, he had to admit it was his favorite place, even at home he always lay there to read or to listen to music or to study. A young woman came out of the kitchen, she was the maid who was in charge of the house chores, a nice young brunette, she greeted him and offered him something to drink, which he could not refuse. He returned to the place with a steaming latte and plopped down on the sofa while he returned again to the scene of Friday, the more he tried to forget it, the easier it became to remember it.

Something in his mind freed itself from the ties that Numa has unconsciously imposed on it, and occupied his mind, it was the memory of the dream he had in the three short hours he had slept. He felt a pang in his chest. A voice whispered in his ear over and over again. This is what people like you are good for. A familiar image came to his mind from the past, he was not like that, he, Numa was not like people thought, he would never let anyone say something like that to him again, he would never let anyone hurt him again, he would not do it.

#NEW AWAKENING

Julen was very careful not to fall asleep, he waited patiently until the clock struck 7 a.m., he stayed lying next to him, he touched his hair, kissed his neck and hugged him while Leon seemed not to notice anything at all. He went to the bathroom and took a hot shower, got dressed and left a note. Before leaving he stood for a few seconds in the doorway watching him. He smiled sideways and left the apartment to head home.

After about 7 hours of sleep Leon opened one eye, annoyed by the pale light of noon that filled the room, he looked to his side, there was no one there except a note from Julen where he said he was going home. He hasn't even realized when he left. Stumbling and with narrowed eyes he got up and went straight into the shower, he felt disgustingly dirty, he usually liked to shower after sex but he was so tired that he didn't even have time to think about it. The image of the boy came to his mind, he was sweet, daring and interesting, he couldn't complain but he was still too young for his taste, if he had been a little older he would have asked himto go out with him, but he was still too young and in the long run it the age gap would show and bring him problems.

.

"Well but a couple of sex sessions never hurt anyone". Maybe not for a formal couple but as a lover he liked the idea, they were both similar, they liked sex and they did what they wanted, they would understand each other perfectly in that territory.

He got out of the shower, got dressed and prepared his work clothes, emptied his pockets and discovered the note that the blonde left him the night before, he unfolded it and left it on the bedside table, to take a last look at it full of sweetness. He reproached himself for the cheap sentimentality he was showing, looked at it again but simply could not throw it in the wastebasket. He left it there, as long as no one saw it nothing happened, he had a reputation to take care of.