Chapter 33

The cold afternoon hit his face when Numa went out to the street, he looked both ways, he felt somehow calm, sad but calm. Agustín's death it came back to his mind again, he tried to avoid the subject.

He began to walk, and realized that little by little he was feeling anxious. What would he say to him? He should apologize, but that was not his strength.

Would it be enough to tell him he was sorry? Somewhere in the back of his mind he was trying to convince himself that what he said was not so serious and that maybe he shouldn't even apologize at all. But on the other hand, he knew he should.

Lucas told him he wanted to be with him. How many times has he imagined his hands running over his body? A slight blush tinged his cheeks as he walked slowly down the street.

He hasn't expected it those last words, "take it or leave it". How was he supposed to react?

He didn't want to lose him, the image of Agustín filled his mind for a few moments, what would he say if he knew everything that happened? He missed him so much.

Hasn't it been his friend who encouraged him to face Lucas once and for all?! But Leon appeared right in that moment when, for the first time, he decided to take the initiative in such an important matter.

A noise tore him from his thoughts, it was the sound of an ambulance, he stopped for a few moments to follow it with his eyes.

Before he knew it, he was already there, in front of the door of the building. He remained thoughtful for a few minutes, he was tired and had a headache but surely it would pass, it was not the end of the world.

He rang the doorbell and waited anxiously until someone answered. It was a different voice.

"Yes?"

"Hello, is Lucas home?"

"Depends, who is it?"

Numa stared at the device confused, who was it?

"Friend from school" he didn't want to give his name, he found the tone of the person who answered, a little aggressive.

He heard the young man's voice shouting something in another language behind him and Lucas' voice from far away. But he couldn't make out what he said.

He sat down on the stairs to wait, wondering who it was. He felt a shiver down his back when he heard thesound of the door.

He didn't turn around because at that instant he realized how nervous he really was.

"What are you doing here? " was Lucas' greeting, he was dressed in jeans and a dark t-shirt. He was standing to the side leaning against the wall.

"I wanted to know if you felt like going for a walk?"

He kept staring at the floor, while looking down at his own blue sneakers.

"Why don't you go home? You can't just walk around."

"Yes, maybe you're right."

He stood up, to let himself fall sideways against the wall. Still not looking at him, only from time to time out of the corner of his eye.

Lucas was still there, watching him silently.

"Ok." added Numa

"Okay," Lucas repeated.

"Who answered? A little unfriendly."

"My cousin."

"Ah look" Numa turned to the side "Well then I'm going now."