Chapter 74

#HEALING

After a few days the pain had subsided considerably and Numa regained a certain emotional stability, as he called it. Julen had a crying fit that day after the conversation with Leon. They had not talked about it, and Julen never mentioned his name again. His sister called him several times even though he refused to talk to her. Numa called her secretly to tell her how he was doing and not to worry. 

On the other hand, he was several days away from having the stitches removed from his hand, and the thought of going to Europe with his grandmother was looming larger and larger in his mind every day. He had not yet had the courage to buy the tickets because the issue of Julen was still a problem. The boy did not want to return home and his sister was desperate, however, she made it clear to Numa that the outlook was not very good at his parents' place and indirectly asked him if he could stay there for a while longer.

Leon hasn't called him those days, and it wasn't until a week after they have last seen each other that the cell phone rang and Numa saw that it was the purple-haired young man's number. He answered it, ignoring the nervousness that plagued him.

"Hello," Leon greeted him from the other side, full of energy.

"Leo, what's up?"

The young man laughed softly

"Were you waiting for my call? Huh?"

He was back to his usual funny self.

"Are you feeling better? How's your hand?"

"Much better, almost pain free. And in 3 days the stitches will be removed."

"Great. Hey Numa"

"Yes?"

"I can't give you details but that issue is almost solved."

Numa did not say anything but Leon heard Numa's nervous breathing on the other side.

"You don't need to worry anymore. And don't ask me anything. Which brings me to the next question, when are we going out for dinner or a drink? Well if your bodyguard lets you..."

Numa ignored what he said.

"Thank you. Let's arrange something later, okay?"

He heard the young man's grumble from the other side and that brought a smile to his face.

"Leon, thanks again. I'll talk to you later."

And before the young man could say anything, Numa hung up. He had a lot of things to organize.

#TRIP

Jules and his sister Abril were sitting in the living room at Numa's place. The sister brought a huge bag of clothes, the grandmother prepared a delicious snacks for them and as Numa asked, she left them alone.

The young woman seemed to be very sweet and kind. For a moment he thought of Agustin and wondered if his luck would have been different if he'd had a sister like Abril. Julen looked at the two of them and as neither said anything, he simply grabbed one of the thin sweet that Grandma  bought for them.

"Can't you behave yourself?"

Jules looked at his sister and began to laugh.

"We share a room, we trust each other. It's cool."

Numa laughed softly and waved her hand to calm down.

"Actually April I told you to come because grandma and I are planning a trip and we are going to be away for a while."

Jules looked at him pale.

"You didn't tell me anything."

Numa looked at him

"I wanted to talk it over with your sister too. How is the situation in your house?"

Julen shouted loudly

"I don't want to go back!"

April looked at him a bit worried

"Julen, you can't stay here forever either. And mom and dad are asking for you."

Numa looked at her, it was impossible for the girl to hide her concern.

"I'm not telling him to leave," Numa took a breath, "my best friend went through a very similar situation with his parents. If you think Julen won't be safe in your house, he can stay here but..."

April looked at him confused.

"He can't stay alone. We will be away for two or three months. I talked it over with grandma and the best option would be for you and Julen to stay here while we are away."

April looked at him, her eyes watered and she couldn't speak at that moment.

"April, you have to swear to me that you are going to stay here with your brother and that you are not going to leave him alone. That's what grandma told me."

The girl nodded silently as she held back a sob.

"The problem will be  the twins. My mom is used to me helping her with the little ones"

Julen commented in a sour tone.

"You're not their mother. Don't you think she should take care of the babies?"

The young woman looked at him

"They are not to blame. I just said I couldn't help her, I didn't say I was going to stay there. It's a temporary thing."

Numa nodded

"We'll keep in touch while I'm away, it'll still be two months or three initially."

"I'll have to go get my clothes, do you know when you're leaving?"

Numa smiled at her

"If everything goes well. As soon as possible," the young woman looked at him with a smile, those green eyes reflected great happiness. And she thought, even though she didn't know him, he deserved all the happiness in the world and wondered how she could ever repay him for everything he was doing for her brother.

Numa felt his heart pounding in his chest, just talking about the trip filled him with an indescribable emotion. And what was he kidding himself, helping Julen was good for him, it was his way of showing Agus that he did not forget what his friend has gone through. He looked at his cell phone shortly and wondered  what exactly has done Leon to resolve the issue.