Chapter 59

After a meal in which they dedicated themselves to slightly deepen about the times of his childhood, they sat down in the living room and his grandmother gave him a couple of chocolates. They didn't talk about it again, it was a strange sensation, he felt that his grandmother saw him with different eyes, although it could just be his own ideas. He looked at his watch, he had to call Lucas, he was dying to tell him about it, although at that moment he realized that he had not told him anything about it. It was about 5 pm  when Lucas called, Numa  just finished the conversation with her grandmother about an hour ago and she left as usual to meet with one of her friends to carry out one of the many tasks she was doing.

If he had not heard wrong, that day he had to participate in the kermesse of a church, if at the end it was going to be true that his grandmother had more social life than himself.

Lucas was in a very good mood, and Numa only prayed that he wouldn't change when he told him that he was planning to dance again. They had arranged to meet in half an hour at the door of a shopping mall.

He saw him from afar, and if he had dared, he would have thrown himself at him because of how good it felt.

"It seems I'm not the only one in a good mood," Lucas commented, seeing the smiling expression he wore.

"Yes, I have to tell you something super important." He said, he looked like a kid with a new toy.

"That smile scares me a little," said Lucas laughing.

Numa turned around a bit angrily.

"Don't get mad, I hear you..."

Numa didn't say anything, but pushed him towards a hamburger place where he ordered two sodas and sat down with Lucas, looking at him with a curious expression.

"Today I talked to my grandmother," he said quietly, at Lucas' insistent gaze.

"About?"

"About that," said Numa.

Lucas looked at him surprised.

"I didn't know that..." added the dark-haired man a little cut off.

"Yes, I didn't tell you anything, I'm sorry but it was something I preferred to do alone, I didn't want to and I couldn't listen to anything, it's silly but it was something I needed to do by myself.

Lucas understood, it bothered him a little that he has not told him anything, but he promised  not to behave like a child again, he would respect Numa's decisions even if sometimes they excluded him, after all they were two completely different persons, he could not expect Numa to act the way he did

He smiled warmly at him and blew him a kiss from across the table.

"I would kiss you if I could," he winked sweetly, "so your grandmother has taken it well judging by your expression.

"Yes! Actually, she's really worried about me...."

"After the childhood I had, she feels sorry that I might suffer again, by the way, I told her I have a partner.

Lucas felt that the soda was not going down his throat.

"I didn't tell her it was you, she didn't ask me either. I thinks he already realized it, I just don't know, at that moment I didn't feel like talking about it anymore. Maybe it's too soon for details, in that sense it makes me a little bit nervous.

"Yes, it's logical, don't worry."

"So, you are not upset? " Numa asked him, he was worried he might feel left out.