Chapter 49

#FEAR

Lucas returned to the clinic, he has already called the police and would meet them directly there.

The young woman was waiting for him in the nurses' station, from which no one was able to move her, when she saw her brother come in she jumped on him. One of the young nurses went to get some disinfectant, he had a scrape on his right cheek, and some on his neck looked like fine stripes of a bright red color.

"Are you all right?" asked his sister when she saw him, except for those lines on his face and neck he looked in perfect condition but the expression on his face was of obvious concern.

"A guy attacked me from behind on my way home"

"What did he say?

"That I should give him the stuff"

"..."

"Evidently Giovanni screwed someone before he left home and that's why he probably disappeared from our home and from Leon's without warning.

"What are we going to do now?"

Lucas looked at her trying to reassure her, the truth is, he was very afraid about what could happen, mainly for his sister.

"Called the police...."

"Are you crazy? "

"It's okay, but I want someone to keep an eye on you, so it's best if you go somewhere, we'll figure something out, I don't even consider Seleika's house as safe anymore."

Manon bit her lower lip as she did every time she was nervous.

"Do you think we did well getting the police involved?" asked her sister, wiggling her foot anxiously.

"I don't know if we did the right thing, it's the only way out."

"Why don't you talk to Numa," asked his sister suddenly.

"And what would he know?"

"I don't know, maybe he can help, he knows a lot of people. I don't know... why don't you try?"

"Did you talk to Alex?"

"No, he's out, on a business trip "

Someone knocked on the window, two young uniformed men waved their hands. The nurse opened the door to let them in.

Lucas brought them two chairs so they could sit down and went on to tell them everything that had happened.

"So that man implied that your cousin was the one who had set up the business."

"Yes," said Lucas, trembling almost imperceptibly.

"We will pass the report to our superior, and we will let you know if we get new information. In the meanwhileremember, while the investigation is ongoing, you are requested to stay in the country."

Lucas looked at him confused.

Manon put her hand on his arm before the young man jumped out of the chair and threw himself on the policeman, the young man calmed down when he felt his sister's touch, and nodded.

"I hope he can't leave the country either."

They wrote down a couple of details and left the clinic. There was no safe place to send his sister so they decided that to stay where Seleika lives would be the best option and Lucas could go back to his place until they had a better option.

He still had his cell phone in his hands, he played with it silently, he dialed Numa's phone and let it ring once but he regretted it and instead dialed the phone of Manon's friend's house, which at that moment seemed much more important to him, Numa and he could wait.