Chapter 46

#DEALING WITH IT

Numa slowly entered his house, his grandmother was not there even though it was relatively late, he left his bag in the entrance, he took off his sweater right there, rolled it into a ball and threw it on the couch located about 2 meters to his left. No missed call in his cell phone. He went to the phone but there was no note which meant that no one called him. He slumped against the wall as he sighed, couldn't it have ended like this?

His mind went back to the previous scene, when he told his classmate that the was heading back home, the other one tried to convince him to stay over until the next day, he sat him down to play some games which Numa didn't understand because he wasn't into games himself, then to watch some movies alone in his room and then he asked him a thousand questions about relationships and about his courtship looking for some advice as if he knew about women. He smiled at the memory, his classmate was a good guy and it was obvious that the only thing he tried to do was to make him feel comfortable there and to make him forget about his girlfriend, as he had not given the impression of being very lively the night before, and after seeing the brunette girl return alone to the group and finding him sitting in the street with a lost look, it was normal that they had come to that conclusion.

On the other hand, he has been thinking all the way home whether he would finally find a message from Lucas, if maybe he called him to apologize or just to say hello, because deep inside him his childish and romantic mind, as he called it, was convinced that Lucas could not spend a day without talking to him and would be the first to call. He was sure it wouldn't end up like that.

He went into his room and threw his pants against the wall. He was angry and was beginning to hate him for making him feel bad. Who was he kidding? He was actually depressed, he felt sad and most of all he was amazed that he hasn't realized that it would affect him so much. He looked up at the blackboard above his desk, a smiling Agustín was looking at him mischievously.

"Where are you when I need you?" he asked softly as he looked at the picture. How good it would be to talk to his friend in those moments, he always had the right answer and managed to lift his spirits...and now he was alone, how sad it was to have only one person to confide in.

Well, there was certainly Leon but he didn't know, he let himself fall on the bed, he wanted to talk to someone, he wanted to distract himself, he wanted to stop thinking.

He got up and looked at the clock, it was 8 o'clock night. He had to decide what he would do that night, there was only one thing he could do and that was to have fun.

It was Saturday night and he knew, Agustín would never allowed him to stayed at home. He looked in the closet and decided that he would take a shower, dress upnd go pay Leon a visit.

When his grandmother arrived, Numa already finished, he went out to the living room to greet her, she hugged him.

"oh oh, how handsome you look," exclaimed his grandmother, giving him two kisses, "but aren't you a little underdressed, love, you'll catch a cold."

Numa smiled at her, took the leather jacket he had left on the side and put it on.

"You're going to that friend's birthday party, aren't you?"

Numa nodded his head, he didn't like to lie to her, but what would he tell her? He had already messed up the day before by telling her that story, so he just had to go on.

Singing a song under his breath he left the house, it was cold but he didn't care, he had bought himself a beer, he looked at the bottle for a few moments, he didn't like to drink so much but if he didn't get a little happy he couldn't enjoy his outing and he would start telling his whole life to poor Leon and that wasn't the idea either.