Chapter 21

Night had already fallen over Buenos Aires and in the middle of downtown, a few blocks away from the main pedestrian streets and the great obelisk, on a narrow and crowded street, a blue sign flashed in the dark the word "CaballerEn". Inside, people were moving from one side to the other in a hurry. That day was the venue's anniversary and many of the regulars made their reservations in advance. Apart from the open bar, the managers of the night club offered various types of shows, knowing this lured most people to the place.

In a corner leaning against the bar was Numa, he was wearing a pair of loose white cotton pants which he adored and which he had a hard time getting rid of. He looked at them again for the last time.

"You're making a storm out of a glass of water," said Zeus, looking at his friend reproachfully.

"These pants already cost me a lot of money and you can't get them anymore," replied Numa, clearly offended.

"Of course you can't get them: they are OUT, hun. Oh, with the body you have and some decent clothes...," sighed Agustín evidently resigned.

"How are you?" asked Numa worriedly.

"Well, it's just the flu. I can still dance, it's nothing serious."

"We have an extra dancer. Why don't you go home?

"You sound like your grandmother. It's not serious, stop being a pain. Besides, it's a good opportunity, the pay is very good."

Numa agreed, the show took them both some work but at least the compensation was quite high and that was what counted. He understood that he didn't want to leave.

A tall, dark, long-haired young man called them from the back, they should start getting ready, there was only an hour left before it was their turn to perform. Numa took a last look at the dance floor, the decoration was impressive, set in ancient Greece, an idea originating from Zeus, with some human statues located on the sides and the waiters parading with those fine and soft white fabrics that left little to the imagination. The party would be a success.

#

Leon looked at the clock a little anxious, it was already 11:30 pm, he already parked the car and was just waiting for Manon's group. It has been a busy day, he had to go home to pick up some stuff, had a confrontation with his father again that ended with his mother's crying. He needed a break, it couldn't go on like that, he was feeling mentally exhausted.

Soon he will have his own place, Leon smiled softly, he was getting there, next step would be to get a job. But in that moment, he didn't want to think about anything else than the performance of Numa. It was anticipated that the show would be very good, maybe not as erotic as last time but good. He was dying out of curiosity.

He distinguished the figure of Manon and Lucas in the distance followed along by another young man. Once there, he hugged Manon to greet her, then he extended his arms to Lucas but as always his attitude was more like that of a serial killer than that of an acquaintance.

He glanced sideways at the young man standing to the side, a quite attractive one, relatively short compared to the three of them but he had charm and style, he really knew how to dress. It was screaming rich spoiled child though.

Manon hurried to make the introductions, after shaking Giovanni's hand, Leon couldn't help but think, "Another one joins the group!"

He glanced sideways at Lucas as they entered the premises.

Lucas was in a very bad mood, he has been tricked like a fool, and he has fallen for it. He looked for Numa with his eyes but when he couldn't find him he gave him up for lost, he had heard something about a dance so he was probably in the dressing room. What he couldnt understand was the reason behind the invite. Leon got along well with Manon but they were not best friends.