Chapter 62

#STRATEGY

It was about 11 p.m. when Numa appeared at the nightclub, carrying a blue sports bag that with its movement let out a soft tinkling sound. Leon inevitably followed him with his eyes, although his serious look gave little away.

Rodrigo, the only straight guy who had worked there as a bartender, was in the VIP area to lend Leon a hand. The vip room was packed with people testing lights, carrying and bringing things. Apparently it was a big event.

"You don't waste time, do you?"

Leon looked at him smiling

"No, don't get me wrong, he's just an acquaintance."

"No, I don't mean him, I mean Emmanuel."

Leon looked at him surprised, but he had barely looked at him. Emmanuel was an extremely attractive guy who also came just for one night to work at the club, apparently he was a friend of the boss, and he worked at another nightclub, but straight.

"damn, just look at him,"  frowned, "okay, don't look at him. I know, you're not interested, what an ass he has."

Rodrigo started laughing. Emmanuel was coming back to get some papers he had to pass to the dj, he was a young man with short brown hair and somewhat feline features, but that's exactly where his attractiveness lay. Leon gave him a good look and Emmanuel, who was the same age as the young man, winked at him, picked up some papers and took care to brush him well before leaving the bar.

"Leon, is something wrong?"

"Nothing,  I'm looking forward to it!!!" he turned and followed him with his eyes, and discovered that he was talking to Numa. He laughed and they both turned to look at him, and for a moment he felt like an idiot. When their eyes met, he realized that Numa was very serious, beyond his smile, there was something cold in his eyes, perhaps he was still angry with him, although he did not remember that he was, except for the last time.

Numa exchanged a couple more words with the boy, and turned around to go to the bar. Leon averted his gaze and continued to arrange the drinks.

"Hello Rodrigo," said Numa, who had met the boy before, "Is Ivan here yet? I need to talk to him."

Leon inished with the drinks, and began to place some glasses on the bar, ignoring his presence, but even so he noticed that Numa was too engrossed in his own business to notice that he was ignoring him.

"I'll get him for you," Rodrigo replied, leaving in a hurry.

Numa looked at Leon for a few seconds, if he could crack him over the head, he was an asshole, he was deliberately ignoring him.

He sat down on one of the benches, dropping his bag on the floor, which let out a loud, clattering sound.

Leon startled, turned around and looked at it.

"What do you have in there? Tins?" he asked, suppressing a smile.

Numa looked at him reluctantly.

"It's none of your business," he replied indifferently, Leon was about to answer him, when Ivan appeared and approached him with a smile.

"Numa! What have you prepared for today?"

Numa looked at him seriously before giving him a smile that tried to be friendly.

"I have something to talk to you first"

Ivan looked at him uneasily. He stepped out from behind the bar and beckoned him to come with him.

They crossed the room and entered the staff area.

"What is it, Numa?"

Numa sat down on one of the benches there.

"Ivan, I'm looking for someone..."

"And what the fuck do I have to do with this?" answered Ivan, Numa was up to something, he could smell it, something he knew he wouldn't like.

Numa ignored his answer.

"He's an Italian guy, he's in the drug business and according to what I think he moves in the gay scene in Buenos Aires.

"I don't want to know anything, I'm inflexible about this kind of thing. I'm not going to help you with something like that."

"Ok, I'll see you then."

Numa got up and walked past him practically dragging his bag.

"Numa! For God's sake! Cut the crap. I have almost 200 guests, who paid for a show and for one person, fuck you Numa! You can't do this to me!"

Numa dropped the bag and turned around slowly.

"I don't give a shit, that son of a bitch almost killed my boyfriend! So as you can see, I don't give a shit what happens to your stupid show. "he spat the words as if they were burning in his mouth, Ivan looked at him a little surprised "You get me the name of the place where he deals, and I'll dance. Otherwise I go home, just like that."

Ivan started to whine again under his breath.

"Do you know that after this one you can forget about stepping foot in this nightclub?"

"I know, but I'm not going to die for that. I don't feel like coming back to this shitty place anyway."

He turned around and slammed the door shut. He went to the bar with his bag on his back, feeling nervous, hysterical, angry, and hurt.

Leon kept placing glasses along the bar, he supposed they were for the guests. Numa leaned his elbows on the bar with tiredness, he only hoped that Ivan would agree, he could have told him that he wanted to do business with the Italian or that he wanted to buy, but this guy knew him well, he would not believe it, after all, Numa never took anything, apart from alcohol, he knew he was playing dirty, but he had no other way out. He called Rodrigo and he came over.

"Can I have a gin tonic please?"

"Sure, and are you going to dance?"

"It depends," Numa answered coolly.

Leon looked sideways. He was dying to know what had happened in there, he looked towards the back door while he was still placing glasses on the bar. Ivan had not yet left.

At that moment the door opened and the boss came out through it, he wore an expression that said it all, he passed by while Numa continued impassively drinking the gin tonic that Rodrigo had given him only seconds before.

Numa looked at the clock and it was already 11:30 pm which meant  he only had a few hours left to get ready. At around 1 or 2 a.m. he had to go on stage, and he wanted to practice at least once before to repeat the moves since he hadn't had much time in the last few days.

The young man named Emmanuel with whom they already knew each other from another disco approached the bar and patted Leon on the ass, he sat up a little surprised but then blew him a kiss as he walked away with a bottle in his hand. Numa looked both ways and realized that the blonde was not there, he was dating the boy and he was already going to cheat on him, he would never change.

He thought of Lucas in those moments in the hospital, if he knew what he was about to do, he would have a fit, the things he would say to him, he would never change either. He smiled to himself, and me?...I'm never going to change either.

A sharp knock on the bar where he was leaning pulled him out of his thoughts. Ivan was standing next to him. He raised his hand and underneath was a piece of paper with something written on it. Numa looked at it and gave him a half smile, mumbled an almost inaudible thank you and went to the locker room to change.

The moment has arrived.