4

First meeting.

Ella's pov

I grew up in an orphanage when I was only 4 years old when she left me there, that's all I knew I had a mother, but she left me and never came back. I didn't even know if I had a father or a sibling.

I'm not friendly, I don't want to be close to anyone. Because I'm afraid they'll leave me too like my mother did, I always think that maybe my mom left me because I'm just a burden to her, that I'm just a mistake to her. So I think low of myself.

When I turned 5 years old, a rich man wanted to adopt me. He wanted to adopt me because he saw his wife in me who died giving birth to their child. At first, I didn't want to go with him. Because I'm afraid that what if he leaves me too? What if he realizes that I'm worthless? So many questions flooding in my mind.

I thought he would never come back after I refused. But he came back every day just to bring me closer to him, and because of that I got to know him better. So I agreed to let him adopt me.

The whole Saotome family accepted me and welcomed me. I became the heir of the family because my father was the eldest son. And of course being an heir is not easy. They taught me a lot of things about being perfect.

He taught me a lot of things about being independent and confident that I should stand on my own and not to rely on others. I studied hard, I trained hard, I gave all my best, and I learned. It's hard at first, but it's all worth it in the end.

He gave me everything. Yes I became spoiled but I know my limit.

But I'm not happy at all, even though I have everything I want. I don't know what makes me happy, I didn't even know what happiness, can money buy you happiness?

"Can money buy happiness?" I asked my Dad which made him look at me.

"Money is unlikely to buy happiness, but it may help you achieve happiness to an extent. You can find happiness through other nonfinancial means, like spending time with someone you like or thinking about the good things in your life."

"I won't like someone Dad, never will."

Or, so I thought.

School ended, and I'm waiting for my nanny to pick me up. I was just sitting on the bench peacefully when three kids approached me and dragged me with them to the playground. There are no children around because their parents already picked them up.

"We heard that you are very rich."

"Yeah, give us money."

"Aww, she's not scared at all."

They said, but I just stared at them without emotion in my face. "And who are you to command me?" I said to them,

"Hah! You don't know us? We're the-"

They didn't finish what they're saying when someone interrupted. A little boy with blond hair, he's from another school based on his uniform, he's taller than me though, but he's still a midget.

"Losers, just how bad you guys are robbing an innocent little girl." The blond boy said while cracking his knuckles as if he was ready to beat them.

This is my chance I'll beat them while he's distracting them, this is my first time doing it to someone, but I should do this, this is my revenge from dragging me here.

I kicked their heads one by one. I moved fast because I really wanted to go home. My dad was already waiting for me, but when the boy and I looked at each other, he looked at me with wide eyes. I felt like the time and the world had stopped, I felt my cheeks heat up, and my heart was racing so fast.