45

Revenge.

Ella's pov

There was one time where Mikey left me in the kindergarten's playground . He said he would go somewhere so I nodded and said that I would wait for him.

But then I got bored, I stood up on the bench and walked around while looking up at the sky. I was humming my favorite song but then a tall boy suddenly approached me. I just stared at him with no emotion in my face.

"I-um, I'm looking for a guy called Mikey. Do you know him?" He asked and even scratched the back of his head. I nodded at him and he smiled widely. "Really? Where is he?"

I gestured to him to follow me back in the playground. I didn't talk to him and just walked forward. Dad said I shouldn't talk to strangers, but I should help the stranger if they needed it. So I'm helping him to face Mikey.

"I'm not a mute, I just don't talk to strangers." I said when I heard him murmuring about me being mute.

He asked my name but I refused to say it.

"I'm Ken Ryugji, you can call me Draken." He introduced.

"I didn't ask," I said because I really didn't ask, right? So why is he telling me?

But I never thought this stranger would be very important in my life. And I'm thankful to have him.

"Ken-kun!" I called when I came into the Shrine. Our other friends are still not here.

"Oh, Ella-chan!" He called and tapped the seat next to him. I smiled and ran towards him.

He was fixing something on his bike and I just watched him even though I don't know what it is. After a long silence I decided to break it.

"You know, Ken-kun... I always dream about having a big brother like Mikey. Isn't that cool?!" I said and looked up at the sky.

I felt him stop his doing and stared at me. "Then let's make that dream come true! I'll be your big bro and you'll be my little sister! I promise I'll protect and love you forever!" He said while smiling.

I don't know but at that moment, I felt so happy and special. I'm so glad I have these people around me who are willing to do anything to make me happy. I laughed and hugged him while saying thank you.

"You're welcome, Ella-chan." He said between the hugs.

"Hey, what about me?!" Pah-chin said while approaching.

And our friends started to come and joined the hug. I really treasure this friendship and will always love. Especially now that I have a brother.

He always supports what I want. He always makes sure I'm safe, always making sure I eat properly. He's there in my good times and hard times, when 'he' leaves me. He's always by my side from the beginning.

And now he's leaving me.

I kneeled down in front of him while holding his hand. "Ken-kun, they already called an ambulance, so you'll be okay, alright?!" I forced a smile.

"Yeah, it'll be alright! We'll definitely save you." Takemichi said next to me.

"I see... I'm... Dying..." he whispered and I put his hand on my forehead.

Please, don't take my brother away! Please, God I'm begging you. I prayed as I sobbed in front of his body, who's starting to get cold, the reason for me to cry harder. It's so heavy on my chest, I think I can't breathe anymore.

"Ella... Don't blame yourself because I protected you, I'm your big brother, right? And you're my little sister, so I'll gladly put my life on the line for you..." He smiled and I grabbed his hand. Stop it, please. It hurts so much.