51

ex and why's.

Ella's pov

First month of September, I was in my room while studying business in an online class. I was looking bored in the camera and I didn't notice the teacher was already calling me to respond to her question.

"Are you okay, dear?" she asked.

"I-I'm fine, I just spaced out." I smiled and answered her question.

After class, I took a shower and my skin care routine. It's already afternoon and I don't have anything to do. I sighed and sat down on my bed while drying my hair.

September 1... September 1... September 1. Oh shoot! It's Maki's birthday! How stupid of me, I've been here for almost a month and I haven't even visited him yet!

I immediately went to my closet to take some clothes and I immediately went out of the room, and to my surprise I saw Inui-kun just park in front of our gate. He was shocked too, so I waved at him and walked towards him.

"You look in a hurry, something happened?" He asked softly.

"Oh it's nothing, I just forgot something." I laughed a little.

"Hm, like what?"

"It's my dog's birthday! You know Maki?"

"Of course, how could I forget him? I always saw him when me and Draken were visiting Grandpa Sano." He smiled and tapped the seat on his motor. "Hop in."

He said and I nodded like a kid before we drove off. Inui-kun stopped the motor in front of the Sano household. I just stared for a moment because of the memories again.

"Ella-chan?" Inui-kun asked with a worried face.

I just shook my head and we headed inside. I heard a dog barking inside, I guess it's not just Maki. While we're walking we run into a small puppy, and he looks like Maki. I bent down to see the puppy closely.

This is not him, this puppy is too small. Then I saw Maki run towards us and bark at me. I felt my heart break when he just took away the puppy, and barked at us.

"Maki it's me?" I held out my hand so he could smell my scent.

It's been a year since I left him here, it's hurt that he forgot about me. He keeps barking and I barely close my hand to him.

"Ella-chan, he might bite you." Inui-kun warned but I didn't stop.

Maki smelled my hand and his tale started to wiggle. He ran towards me and I opened my arms for him. I felt tears start to fall from my eyes. "Maki... I miss you... I'm sorry that I leave you here." I kissed his head many times and he kept barking.

Soon a black dog like him approached us together with four little puppies. Maki let go of me and it looks like he's introducing his family.

"Look, you're a Grandma now." Inui-kun laughed a little and I playfully punched him.

We petted all the puppies before walking inside the house. We go to the living room and kitchen but Grandpa is not there. I suggested we go to Dojo but he's not even there.

"Maybe, Grandpa is sleeping in his room." I said to Inui and he nodded.

I knocked on the door. "Grandpa, are you there?"

"Stella?" I heard a low voice.

I opened the door to see Grandpa lying on the bed. I immediately went to him and kneeled down beside him to check his condition. He's having a fever, a high fever.

"Inui-kun quick, we're taking Grandpa in the hos-!" I panicked but Grandpa suddenly held my hand.

"No need," he touched my left cheek. "I'm glad, I see you for the last time."