18

New First Squad Captain.

Ella's pov

Someone precious to us had suddenly disappeared though the world is no different for it, for us, our entire worlds have changed.

Even so, we must still live for ourselves and those who are precious to us.

Baji sacrifices himself to ensure that Toman does not lose its way and so Kazutora won't feel bad about himself. Sacrifice is a constant part of our life. But, make sure the sacrifice is worth it.

I remember his last words to me.

"I did what you said, I have no regrets, so don't blame yourself anymore for what happened to Shinichiro-kun."

Thank you, Baji. You will never be forgotten. I hope we meet again in another life.

"Are you okay now?" I heard Mikey when he entered my room.

It's been a few days since the incident happened. I didn't even attend his funeral because it still hurts me, it happened so fast. I can't accept his death, I want to see him...

I was lying on my bed while I covered myself in my pink blanket, I was hugging the melody plushie that Baji gave me. I felt like crying again when he asked me.

"Hey, it's okay, it's okay." Mikey immediately ran towards me and hugged me. "Please stop crying, I don't like seeing you like this."

I stopped crying and looked at him. It's been days since Mikey kept coming to my house just to check if I'm okay.

"Let's visit him." He said and kissed my cheeks.

I nodded my head, Baji would be mad at me if I didn't visit him.

When we arrived, we noticed a blond boy crying infront of his grave. I felt my eyes watered again when I saw Chifuyu's situation. He really looked up to Baji, that's why it's hard for him.

"What should I do now from now on?" I heard him say that.

Mikey and I decided to approach him. He didn't notice us because he was still crying. When Mikey stepped forward he stopped crying and looked at us.

"Mikey-kun? Ella-chan?" He asked and wiped his tears.

"Yo, Chifuyu," I said and patted his shoulder.

I noticed the peyoung yakisoba that split into half. I smiled, that's Baji's favorite food.

"I'm leaving Toman." Chifuyu said and my smile dropped as I looked at him.

He got up and started to walk away. I looked at Mikey, he just held my hand and said.

"Will you snuff out the 1st squad flame?" Mikey said and Chifuyu looked back.

"Don't leave just because he's not here anymore, what about us your friend?" I said and looked at his grave.

"You're the 1st Squad Vice Captain, you should take responsibility for what Baji gave you."

"Happy birthday to my best friend!" I shouted as I fired the confetti cannon.

"Woohoo, Yeah!" Hina clapped her hand.

We're here at the restaurant where we ate last time. I made a reservation for her birthday. It's only the three of us, since the boys are busy.

"Happy birthday! Emma-chan, make a wish!" Hina said when I finished taking the candle.

Emma closed her eyes and made a wish, then blew the candle. She looked at us and smiled.