48

Her past.

Ella's pov

"Stella, these are the sisters in the orphanage where you came from, do you remember them?"

Dad asked and I just nodded while my heart was pounding so fast. I clearly remember them when I saw them earlier, but why are they here? I don't see any reason for them being here.

And why is Haitani's here in the mansion? They looked different wearing normal clothes and not gang uniforms. The two of them were staring at me, and I stared back too.

"I know you're confused why they're here," Dad broke the silence. "But... I hope you'll understand what we're going to say, Stella."

I just stared at Dad trying to read his mind. "What is this about? Why's everyone look serious?" I asked, because I can't hold it anymore.

Dad let out a heavy sigh before looking at Haitani Brothers. They nodded at him and he looked back at me.

"It's about your... Mom." Dad said and my eyes widened.

Anger filled inside me thinking that my mother is here.

"I told you! Don't look for her! She'd already leave me, so what's the point of finding her?!" I stood up and looked at Dad intensely.

Grandma held my shoulder and made me sit again. "Calm down yourself, Stella. Let your father finish." I look away while clenching my fist.

"I know you have hated your mother ever since we told you about her," one of the sisters said. "But listen here, your mother didn't really want to leave you there, she didn't have no choice but to leave you there for your own good. We didn't tell you this before because you're too young to know the truth."

The truth? They looked at Daddy who's looking at me with so much concern.

"Let me tell you the whole story about what happened years ago, I have a brother who's 1 year older than me, we have different mothers. I admire him a lot, I always follow him wherever he goes. When we entered middle school, we formed a gang and he was the President while I was the Vice-president. We owned the era and the top all over Japan. I thought I was satisfied with being the first, but something was still missing."

"Then one day our father invited us to go to this business event. At first I didn't want to go but my brother insisted that I come so I don't have a choice but to go. Little did I know that I will meet the girl that will take my heart that night. There's so many people in the room, but at that moment I only saw her. One glance I knew I screwed up. But I'm not the only one who's looking at her, but also my big brother. He looks at her the same way I looked at her, and I admit I felt jealous that time. After that event we treated each other differently."

"Everything changed after that, and turns out we like the same girl. Our gang split up into two because of that, we treated each other as an enemy."

"She's mine! I saw her first before you!" my brother shouted at me.

"No, she's mine. In fact she likes me too, I confessed to her, and we're already dating now!" I shouted back.

"My brother ran away from home and didn't come back for years after that. Mother and Father tried to find him but there's no sign of him. I felt guilty but I love her so much, I knew she's the one for me, so when we finished college, I married her. But after the marriage, my brother suddenly came and kidnapped her. I was devastated and depressed while finding her." I saw tears fall from my father's eyes.

"Then one day, one of my men said they already found her. They said my older brother had her in Roppongi for years and they even had 3 kids. Anger filled inside me and I decided to attack him." Dad looked down.