31

I'd be the man.

Ella's pov

I was sitting on the grass while picking up flowers to put in my small basket. I noticed the other kids were staring at me and also sitting down in the grass on my back.

"Is she new here?"

"She's so cute and small."

"She looks like a doll."

I ignored them and continued to pick up some flowers. The sisters in the orphanage allowed me to do this, I will make this a flower crown and bracelet!

"She doesn't want to get close to anyone except the sisters."

"Yeah, and she's kinda rude."

I grip on my basket and stand up then I bump into someone's chest. I looked up to see the tan skin boy, he's staring at me while smiling widely. As our eyes met the snow started to fall. I never seen anyone stare at me like this before. He's taller than me and his eyes were purple like mine.

I frowned and walked past him.

But he followed me, "Hey! What's your name?" He shouted but I ignored him. He suddenly pulled me and my basket fell to the ground. No!

I glared at him and his eyes widened. I picked up the basket and ran away from him. He still chased me but I immediately locked the door in my room. I sighed in relief when I heard him leaving in front of my room.

He's new here, because he's not familiar to me. Even though I don't want to be friends with other kids, I still know their names. I looked at my basket, the flowers all fell. I pouted and I decided to just read a book.

The next day is our breakfast, the kids started to greet me again but I ignored them. I just lined up to get my food. I smiled when I saw a strawberry cake. I decided to sit down on an empty table and started to eat.

Not long after, someone suddenly put down flowers in front of me, It's the tan skin boy yesterday. He sat down in front of me and turned, looked at me and smiled widely.

"I picked up some flowers for you, and I'm sorry about yesterday, did I scare you?" He asked softly and put his strawberry cake on my plate.

I arched a brow at him and continued munching my pancake. He laughed because of my face and I frowned even more. He looked away.

"So cute." He whispered.

"Why did you give me this?" I said in a low tone, at first he looked shocked that I talked to him and he smiled.

"You're smiling when you saw that, so I decided to give it to you so I can see those smiles again." He smirked and patted my head.

I slapped his hand. "Don't touch me." I said and he just chuckled.

"I'm Izana." He suddenly said when we went silent.

"I didn't ask." I continue eating and not looking at him.

"Ouch, you didn't even thank me when I gave you my cake." He said and touched his chest acting he was hurt.

I already ate his cake and I have no choice but to thank him. "T-thank you." I whispered.

He leaned forward while holding his ear. "Sorry, I didn't hear that. Maybe knowing your name will do." His lips rose up. I looked away and said my name.

"S-stella." I said.

I became friends with Izana. Being friends with him is not bad though. He always helps me to pick up some flowers, he always gives me his food. We sometimes sleep next to each other.