6 Mistakes

Arabella's pov
A sense of nausea filled my throat, as my head started spinning. I opened my eyes and the sunlight blinded me for what seemed like endless seconds. I brought my hands to my face and scratched my eyes.
I was surrounded by a nice and unfamiliar smell.
I opened again my eyes, this time it didn't hurt as much as the first time, and saw a bedroom I didn't recognize. My heart skipped a beat and my breathing became irregular; I instantly looked besides me and saw someone from behind, that from the inky-black hair, I was sure it was Alex Turner.
I lifted the blankets and I was only wearing a slip. I stood up and looked for my dress, that was tossed on the floor. I grabbed it and put it on, then I saw my purse, that I grasped, along with my coat and shoes, to then leave the room in a rush.
It all occurred so fast, that I didn't even realize what happened, but I had time to ponder. I was in a hotel I thought I never saw before, but clearly I did.
While I was in the elevator, I put my shoes and coat on; heels weren't the best thing in the morning during a hang over, but in the streets of New York there was so much dirt that I could have get any type of disease by walking bare feet. I tried to fix my hair and make up using the mirror in the elevator, but I still looked like shit.
What I didn't plan was the paparazzi in front of the the glass-doors of the hotel, that started shouting and taking picture as soon as they spotted me. «Arabella here!» one shouted. «Were you with Alex?» someone else yelled.
I didn't know how they knew, but I called a cab that luckily, arrived quickly, so I could hide in it, as it drove me away.
I wanted to forget that day, even if it seemed impossible given that I was still so confused about it; as soon as I arrived to my hotel, I went straight to the bathroom, to clear my head, under a hot shower.

If I thought that day was bad, I did not know what to expect from the following one.
I woke up by Evie storming in my room. «You fucked Alex Turner and didn't tell me?» she asked almost screaming.
I was still confused since I had just woken up, but after a couple of seconds to proceed her question, my eyes widened. «What?» I shout.
«They have pictures of the whole story: first at the club, then going at the hotel and then, the morning after, you leaving the hotel.» she said.
I got sit to see the pictures and what the article was saying. "'Arctic Monkeys' frontman had fun with the lead singer of the new band 'Major Mess'." the title said. "For the two rockstars, the night started in a luxury club," under that sentence, there were pictures of me and Alex, chatting at a table, that was still in my memories. "but the party moved to a hotel room," I saw other pictures, showing Alex with his arm around my waist, as we were both laughing; from there on, I couldn't remember anything. "who could have resisted a hot Italian girl with that dress? Not even the playboy, mr. Alex turner. String attached? Clearly not, the young rockstar, Arabella, left the hotel early in the morning and by her mood, we can tell she's not happy. Was this just a one-night-stand or there is more?" the article ended with picture of me the morning before, with ruffled hair, angry and tired.
I groaned. «I hate this,» I said. «do you think he saw this?»
She shrugged. «Ask him.»
«I don't wanna talk to him.»
«Talk to him just to ask him.» she shrugged.
I sighed and let myself fall on the bed again.

The following day I was back in Seattle, Alex in California and it got even worse. Everybody was debating on what actually happened, creating many different scenarios; we were the main topic of every magazine, it even trended on Twitter.
Evie was right, I had to talk to him, or rather, take out on him.
I didn't have his number and he was in La. I had to ask Jess to ask Jamie for his number. I could have leave it there, but for some reasons I wanted to talk to him.

He came to Seattle the day after. I repeated on the phone it was not necessary, but he wanted to talk in person. He knocked and his figure got revealed behind the door. His hair was quite messily falling on his forehead; he was wearing a grey t-shirt, black leather jacket and blue jeans. I made him come inside and he instantly looked at the magazines towering over the coffee table. «What's that?» he asked.
«Did you read them?» I asked.
He approached and picked one up. «No, what it is?»
I leaned to take him to the page talking about us. «Read it.» I said.
The room got quiet as he was reading the article, and after a minute, he was done. «What the fuck.» he said.
«They're all the same.»
He looked at the pile of magazines, scratching the back of his head.
«It's all your fault, now my reputation got ruined.» I said, sitting down on the couch.
«My fault?» he asked throwing the magazine back on the pile. «Don't you think it annoys me as well? They say I'm a womaniser.»
«Because you're,» I said standing up and raising my voice. «I'm the dirty whore and you're the sexy and attractive womanizer, because you're a fucking man and I'm a fucking woman.»
«You made me come here just for this?» he asked.
I scoffed. «I told you not to come, but I thought you would have understood the gravity of this situation.»
«You're new to this world, but you'll soon learn to not make a big deal of what people think of you.»
I raised my eyebrows. «I'm nothing like you and I don't need your advices.»
He stood up from the couch. «Right.» he just stood up from the couch and left.