38 Choices

Arabella's pov
After two hours of shooting, where we wore fancy clothes in different locations of New York, we had an interview for the magazine we would have been the cover of. We sat at a long table, with many office chairs; in front of us, a brunette lady, with a pixie cut and purple locks, smiled with a black lip ring, near the edge of her bottom lip.
The interview started as always: with her thanking us for being there, us thanking her for having us and then she introduced herself as Kat. «I'm gonna start off by saying that I'm a big fan of you guys,» Kat said. «and I heard you can tell us more about the new album, so... what can you tell us?»
«We're still not sure about the date, but we know it's December.» Jess said. We all nodded. «It's called "Chaos Room".»
«Nice name,» Kat said. «who choose it?»
«I did,» I said. «because we wrote the whole album in a room in my house and it was so messy and all.»
«She actually wanted to call it something like "Internal Death",» Chase said. «she kinda have this obsession with death
«I mean death it's so cool to me,» I said. «and an "internal death" to me is when you feel like you're dying inside and you're not sad anymore because you're feeling... numb.» I bit my lip as I took a moment to think. «I wanted to call the first album that way, but since it was an EP and it had very few tracks, I thought "Taste" would have been a fun name, because it was like a taste of our music... if that makes sense.»
Kat nodded. «It does and I find it really cool.» I mouthed a "thank you" and she continued with her questions. «So, what's different from the last and the new album? What should we expect?»
Evie compose herself on the chair and spoke. «Seen our EP I didn't expect it to be this long-»
Evie continued with her answer, but I looked at Jess, who was trying to hide a laugh like me. «That's what she said.» we both said quietly.

After the interview, it was around six and it started raining. We got back to the hotel and I took an hot tub to relax. I left my phone in the other room, so that I could be at peace, reading a book.
I wore flared jeans and a Black Sabbath shirt, so that I could go eat dinner with Evie; I took my phone to send her a text and tell her I was ready, but instead, I got distracted by a message from Alex and forgot about anything else.

from Alex 7:01 pm
What's the weather like there?

from You 7:03 pm
It's raining

from Alex 7:04 pm
Are people using umbrellas?

I got up from my bed and looked out of the window, without asking myself about the weird question. I was in one of the lasts floors and the height made my stomach drop. I thought I was hallucinating, when I saw Alex, standing under the rain, without an umbrella, just wearing his leather jacket.
I smiled unintentionally and put my boots in a rush, to ran to the elevator, that brought me to the ground floor.
I walked outside and looked around, seeking Alex. When I spotted him, I approached. «Alex,» I said and he turned around. «what are you doing here?»
«I told you I couldn't wait.» he smiled. I smiled as well, and maybe even blushed. «I'm so damn sorry for everything I did,» he said sweetening his look. «I realised I can't get you out of me mind,» he got a little closer. «and chiefly I really don't want to.»
In a fraction of second, we stared at each other, but more deeply than usual. I felt his gaze going beyond my eyes and inside me.
I got to my tiptoe and cupped his face, pulling him closer to kiss me. His hands instantly placed on my back, as the raindrops ran on our skins, clothes and hair.
As I opened my mouth, he did the same, he slowly introduced his tongue into my mouth and I tasted every part of it. With his hands he pulled me to clash with his body. He slowly pulled away to look at me. Rain was coming down his face, tracing invisible lines of water on his cheeks. «Am I forgiven?» he asked with a smile.
I pressed my lips onto each other. «Kiss me again and I'll tell you.» I said.
He smirked and put his hand on my jaw, to pull me closer again.
His lips were soft on mine; his mouth was sweet, with a slight taste of tobacco. «We should go inside if we don't wanna get a cold.» I said pulling away, still touching each other with the point of our noses.
«Can I get another kiss?» he asked. I gave him a peck on the lips and he smiled. «We made a little scene here.»
«Something that people in movies would do.» I said, with my fingers nestled in Alex's.
«Like in The Notebook.» he said as we got into the elevator.
«You read The Notebook?» I asked surprised.
«I've seen the film.» My smile dropped and I shook my head in disappointment as a joke. «It's basically the same thing.»
«Don't you dare say something like this,» I said. The elevator tinkled once it reached the floor where my room was. «books are always way better than the movies.» I said as we walked out of the elevator.
I opened the door and he looked around. «Nice room.» he said. «Why is it so tidy?»
«'Cause I haven't been in it since a couple of hours ago.» I said.
I sat on the couch and he followed me. «You wanna talk about it?» he asked me, intertwining the fingers of both of his hands.
«I think we should,» I said. «everything is so... messy. I mean, we went from despise one another, to do the things couple do, to not talk for months.»
He nodded and touched his lower lip, pinching it with his index finger and thumb. «I know,» he said, putting his hand down. «what do you want us to be?» he asked me.
My heart skipped a beat, his question hit me like a train in the chest. I needed a moment to think. He patiently waited for my answer, that arrived not longer than a couple of seconds after his question. «I like being in your company, I like how I feel when I'm with you... what do you want?»
He raised his eyebrows. «Honestly?» he asked. I nodded, scared that he would have told me something bad. «I want to kiss you.» I giggled like a teenager and bit my lip trying to hide it. «I constantly want to kiss you.» he continued.
«Then do it.» I said.
He smiled and approached, positioning gently his hand on my cheek, to pull me closer. His lips moved with mine and before we could let our tongue touch, I pulled away. «Do you want us to be public?» I asked.
He moved a lock of my hair from my face, and wrapped it around my ear. «I guess after what we did outside we won't have to worry.» he said.
I smiled back and pulled him back to kiss me.