25 Coffee

Alex's pov
I woke up as I heard the thud of a door being shut close. I aggressively rubbed my eyes and looked around. I was alone in Arabella's bedroom, naked between her bedsheets. I quickly dressed myself up, leaving my button up open, since I was too tired to even think of buttoning it.
I went downstairs and as I was on the stairs, I heard something I couldn't understand. I didn't know if it was because I have had just woken up, but I couldn't understand a word she was saying. I then remembered she was Italian and that she was probably speaking Italian. I looked at her puzzled for several seconds, until she turned around to look at me. She was wearing a Gorillaz's shirt, black sweatpants and her hair was styled in a very messy and uncared for bun: her hair was coming out from it and going everywhere; she also had no makeup on and she still looked amazing to me. «Good morning sleeping beauty.» she teased me with a smile.
Her dog ran to me, wiggling his tail. «Didn't know you were a morning person.» I said petting the dog, that stood on his back paws.
«I'm not,» she said turning her back to me, to reach the cabinet and pull out a compacted silver bag. «but I have to take out Ozzy, or he'll pee on the floor.»
«You don't let him pee in the garden?» I asked approaching.
«Yeah, but he needs to go out for a walk,» she said taking a small spoon and weird tool. «he's a dog, not a toy. You want coffee?» she asked me turning around to face me. I nodded. «What's wrong? You look confused.»
I sat on the stool closer to me. «No it's just that thing there,» I said pointing at the "weird tool" that was on the stove. «but I understood that it's for coffee, right?»
She giggled. «It's a moka,» she said. «I don't like that watery shit you drink and call coffee, so I use the moka.»
She took two small glass made cups, that she positioned on the counter. «Isn't that... too little?»
«It's the right amount, I told you it's not watery, you'll taste the coffee.» she said.
I nodded confused and let her do what she wanted to do. Suddenly, she looked at the clock on the wall and rushed to the radio plugged near the stove. «Eleven thirty, listen to this.» She turned up the volume and I carefully listened to the radio.
A male voice spoke. «And now, for the first time ever, the studio version of the new single of Major Mess, here on KIIS-FM.» the radio presenter said.
Arabella was smiling as the song started playing. «Mark is so proud of this.» she said.
I listened to the song as Arabella was busy pouring the hot coffee in the mugs; it was about parents, it seemed like a story told by a person in love with another, that had issues with their parents. Arabella sang the first verse, the pre-chorus and the chorus, then Jess started singing the second verse and then again, Arabella sang the chorus and the outro. The music was softer than their usual, less electric guitar and more bass and drums. It referred to a girl, then to a boy and then again to a girl.
She handed me the mug as she was holding hers. «What's this song about?» I asked.
It was clear what was it about, but I wanted to know more.
«You know... growing up with bad parents,» she said. «Jess's dad cheated on his mother and him and his brother had to grow up aware of it. Chase's dad left home when he was young and his mom has been a bitch since then. Evie's parents instead were strict and she didn't have the chance to enjoy her life with them. I just had too-busy-too-care parents, so some lines are about Jess, some about Chase and some about Evie and me.»
I slowly nodded. «I like it,» I truly said. «a lot.»
She smiled. «Thanks.»
I blew on the steaming black liquid, to then sip it, trying not to burn my mouth. «God this is good,» I said. «it actually tastes like coffee.»
«See, I told you.» she proudly said.

My phone started ringing, so I gestured to Arabella, that I would have taken that call and she lowered the volume of the radio, that was now playing some Katy Perry's song. I stood up and walked away to another room. «Oi Matthew.» I answered the call.
«Mate where are you? Ian's freaking out.» Matt said.
In that moment, I remembered I had a meeting with Ian and other people. «There's traffic, I'll be there in a minute.» I lied.
«But where are y-» Matt was saying, but I hung up.
«Everything's alright?» Arabella asked, as she saw me buttoning my button up in a rush and looking for all my things.
«Not really,» I said putting my phone in the back pocket of my jeans. «I'm late for a meeting I forgot I had.»
«You're always late, you have to work on that.» she said leaned on the counter.
«I know,» I said. «I have to go now,» I said going towards the door. «thanks for... everything, I'll call you.» I said before leaving.

Arabella's pov
Alex left my house in a rush and I started chuckling at the imagine of him, going around my house looking for his things.
While I was smoking a cigarette in my garden, throwing to my dog his toy, I thought about the night before and suddenly, I got an idea for a song, so I instantly rushed back inside and sought my notebook, that was on the bedside table.
Still with my smoking cigarette between my index and middle finger, I wrote all the words and lines I had in my mind. Hours after, I tried some riffs on my guitar, until I found the right one, I just needed to tell the others, add Evie's drums and Chases's bass, plus a couple of chords, to make it in the upcoming album.