24 One For The Road

Arabella's pov
Alex helped me with the margaritas and the glass of water, to then sit with the others. Chase was too awkward and shy to speak first, meanwhile Evie was probably insulting Kristen in her mind, and Alex, he just sipped his drink.
Ozzy, as the sweet dog he was, tried to get Kristen to pet him, but she just tried to avoid him. «Can you put the dog away?» she asked me.
I stood up and picked him up, giving him a kiss on his head. «Did he bother you?» I asked.
«No,» she said. «I just don't like dogs.» she said.
Chase stood up and placed his drink on the coffee table.
«Can you put him away?» she asked again. «Like in a room or something.»
I was about to yell at her, when I felt an arm on my mouth, pulling me towards someone's chest: it was Chase, that wrapped his arms around my face, to shut me up. «We'll see if we can find somewhere else where he can stay.» Chase said, with the most fake voice I have ever heard on him.
He pulled me in the guest's room, where he closed the door. «What a bitch, I should "put him away"? Why doesn't she go away?»
Chase sighed. «I know you love him more than anything else, but can you just leave him here until she's gone?» he asked me. «For Jess.»
I looked at my dog and then back at Chase. «They better leave soon,» I said. «Scusa Ozzy, quella zoccola mi obbliga a lasciarti qui, però tra poco torno te lo prometto.» I said to my dog, before giving him another kiss.
I left the patio door open, so that he could have gone in the garden if he wanted to.

Once me and Chase went back to the living room, Kristen was talking, Jess on her side kept his arm around her and looked at her amazed, whilst Evie was sitting on a chair in front of them, staring with her glass in one hand, and Alex was sitting next to Kristen, looking down. Chase sat on the chair next to Evie and I sat on the floor, since every seat was taken.
We talked about anything that came to our minds, since the silence was too awkward. At eleven, Kristen stood up and fixed her shirt. «It's getting late,» she said. «I should go.» she announced.
«Finally.» Chase said softly, but loud enough to let me hear him. I giggled, placing my glass on the coffee table.
«I have to go too,» Jess said. «we came together.»
«Chase and I are leaving too.» Evie said, standing up and touching Chase's elbow.
«Already?» he whined. She gave him a soft slap on his forearm and he stood up. «Yeah I'm so tired we should go.»

When everybody, excepted Alex, left the house, I rushed to the guest's room, to see my dog peacefully sleeping on the pillow. I quietly closed the door and got back to Alex. «You have to go too?» I asked him.
He looked around. «I can help you clean all this shite.» he said. «One thing first.» he said, stopping me from taking all the glasses from the coffee table. «Will you pour me one for the road?»
I raised an eyebrow. «I truly don't know what that means.» I softly chuckled.
«Last drink before leaving.» he said.
I smiled. «I was hoping you'd ask.» I went to the kitchen and took the bottle of tequila. «We should finish this, you don't mind drinking from the same bottle?» I joked.
He smiled and we sat on the couch. «So... how are you?» he asked me.
«How are you? Really?» I started laughing. «That's all you got?»
«I don't know what else to say.»
«Just wait until I'm drunk, I'll find the things to talk about.» I said joking and he chuckled.
«I thought there was something between you and Jess.» he spat.
I almost choke on the sip of tequila I took. «What? No... no we're just really close friends, the four of us slept in the same room for like two years.»
He nodded. «So, how was the tour?» he changed the topic of the conversation.
I smiled. «I loved it,» I said getting closer to him. «I visited so many places and the audience was lovely. Especially at Coachella.»
He frowned. «You played at Coachella? We played too, how come we haven't met?»
«You didn't know we played at Coachella? Our name was pretty big in the line-up.»
«I didn't know who played, I just knew I had to.»
«Well, we played the day after you guys did, we flew there just for that and then got back to the tour.» I said and he nodded. «What did you do while I was away?»
He shrugged. «Nothin' much,» he said. «writin' a bit, did you listen to the song?»
«Yeah dumb ass,» I giggled. I was more than tipsy. «we literally invited you that night to celebrate.»
He smiled. «I know,» he said. «just wanted to bring it up.»
«If you wanted to know what I think about it,» I said marking the word "I". «the music is great, I like the lyrics and the music video is fun,» I said. «and you looked particularly hot in it.» I let out, before my lips wrapped around the bottle of tequila.
I looked away by the embarrassment, even if I was drunk I noticed that I was going too far, my sober self would have never said something similar. I heard him softly chuckle. «And what made me look hot?» he asked.
I faced him, staring at his brown eyes. «You don't need something to look hot, you're hot.»
He smiled. «You really think it?»
«I'm drunk,» I said. «this for me is the Veritaserum.» I said referring to the bottle in my hand.
«I don't know what that means, but I don't care.» he said smiling.
His hand was on my cheek as leaned closer. I just waited for his lips to meet mine. Even if it wasn't the first time I was kissing him, I still felt like it was. An adrenaline rush ran through my veins, my heart was beating faster than usual and my mind was blank.
I wanted to approach more, let our bodies touch, so without stopping the kiss, I straddled him.
Our foreheads and noses were touching, my hands around his neck. My breath was heavy. «Wanna see my room?» I asked, an inch from his mouth.
«Can't wait.» he smiled.
I gave him a last peck on the lips, to then stand up and take his hand. I pulled him upstairs, to my bedroom. The moonlight that broke into the room, encroaching upon the window and landing on us, formed shadows elongated on the white walls around us.
His hands were on my hips, and mine started running through his soft and lovely hair. He gently pushed me over my bed, without stopping the kiss. I unbuttoned his shirt, to then feel his chest under my hands: his skin was oozing with warmth, that tingled my cold fingertips to the touch.
He opened my dress easily and helped me taking it off. I then unbuttoned his pants and he took them off, tossing them on the floor. He got back on top of me and while kissing me, he took off my slip.
From my lips, that were burning, he went down to my chin and my neck.
I lowered his black boxers and he managed to take them off and throw them on the floor. We continued kissing, I felt my heart beating in throat.
«We need a-» he started saying between the kissing.
I pulled him back to my face and I extended my arm to the bedside table, to pull the drawer and grab a condom.
Everything felt perfect, his touch on my skin that gave me goosebumps, his breath combined with mine and the sweetness of his mouth into mine.
I found out what the pleasure looked like on him, once he was inside me. My short nails sank into his back. His chest moved up and down, from his rapid breathing. I felt him with every each of my body. I kept kissing him while he pushed harder and harder, almost ruining his lips. They weren't normal kisses, but messy and more intense. The feeling grew and grew until a moan came out of my throat.

Even while we were heavily breathing, it seemed like the moment was not over, while we were holding each other tightly under the blankets. The cold sheets wrapping our searing, naked bodies.
I fell asleep with a smile, with my face on Alex's chest, as well as my hand, as he held me tightly.