35 Halloween Party

Alex's pov
It was the end of October and Taylor was excited as ever, for the Halloween party we were invited to.
She dressed as Catwoman, with a full body black leather suit, gloves with nails and kitten's ears; I went as the Riddler, with a green suit with question marks on and eyeliner that Taylor put me, because she said it made me look hot.
I liked Halloween, I just wasn't in the mood for a party... or for spending time with Taylor.

The party took place in a club, that had a second floor, that looked like a mezzanine. The music was good, the building was crowded and there were many photographers going around.
I spotted her in the crowd. She was wearing a sleeveless tight red dress, revealing her back, with a garter with a small red heart on, wrapped around her left tight, a couple of inches after the dress's end. She was wearing red lipstick, round golden bracelets, big golden hoop earrings and red heels. She also had her hair curlier, as much as possible to look shorter and she probably even cut it, since it barely touched her shoulders. She was Betty Boop. «You know her?» Taylor asked me, yelling to my ear since the music was so loud. I nodded. «Let's go talk to her then,» she said pulling me from my hand. «I wanna meet her so bad.»
She didn't know anything about what happened between me and Arabella and I wasn't going to tell her, I knew she would have freaked out and attacked her for no reason.
With a big smile Taylor introduced herself to Arabella. Once she saw me, on Taylor's side, her smile became more forced and less natural. «You cut your hair?» she asked her. «I remember it being longer.»
«Oh no, I just used some hairpins to make it look shorter.» Arabella said.
«I'm also Italian by the way.» Taylor said. Arabella raised her eyebrows surprised. «My uncles's wife is from Corsica.»
Arabella frowned. «Corsica is not in Italy.» she said in the nicest way possible.
«It is not?» Taylor asked. Arabella shook her head. «Then I'm not Italian.» she said smiling.
Arabella faked a chuckle and found a way to escape the awkwardness of that conversation, saying that her friends were calling her.
«She's so amazing,» Taylor said after she left. «how do you know her?»
«We've been on tour together.» I said.
She nodded.

Arabella's pov
I ran away from Alex and his new super hot model, saying my friends were calling me. I saw Evie, that dressed as Lola Bunny, was talking to William, who was dressed as Bugs Bunny. I quickly joined them and told them what just happened. «Even if her uncle's wife was from Italy she still wouldn't have been Italian,» Evie said. «and the fact that she called her "uncle's wife" means that it's not even her aunt, but someone that her uncle just married, and she thought she was Italian?»
Chase, dressed as Michael Myers, with a blue mechanic's uniform, black boots and the makeup instead of a mask, joined us. «How does he even like her?» he asked. «She's the stereotypical blonde and dumb model.»
«They say love is blind.» I said shrugging, like I didn't care about it.

Alex's pov
The only thing that kept me to that party, was the alcohol and the idea of the presence, and throughout the whole night, I had a lot of alcohol.
My hands were running through Arabella's hair, like my fingers were made for it. I was holding her tight, pushing her head closer to my chest. She smelt like tobacco, mixed with her simultaneously sweet and spicy scent. There was silence around us.
I looked up from her scalp and saw Taylor watching us. She was standing in front of us, with her arms folded to her chest. I looked at her confused, like waiting for her to say why she was staring at us; but instead, Arabella pulled away from my hug and I looked at her. «Why aren't you in love with her?» she asked me.
I didn't take a second to think about it, the words came out from my mouth so quickly, I didn't even wonder why she asked me such a weird question. «I don't know,» I said. «maybe I'm too busy bein' yours to fall for somebody new.»
I blinked and found myself in my bed in the dark. I was sure of myself, but I still wanted to check, perhaps if I hoped for it, it would have happened. I looked next to me, but my bed was empty, no one was there, she wasn't there.
I rubbed my hands to my face in annoyance and after trying to get back to sleep to no avail, I got up and went to my living room. For a moment I rethought about the dream I had and the thing I said: "maybe I'm too busy bein' yours to fall for somebody new". I also wrote it in my notebook and added: "I've dreamt about you nearly every night this week".

I sighed, another time I wrote a song about her.
Looking at my phone, I saw a couple of texts from Taylor: "you're a dick" one said. I couldn't remember what happened, but deep down I was hoping that she wouldn't have changed her mind.