36 Knee Socks

Arabella's pov
As November arrived, Mark gave us some news: «The new album will come out in December, because the short movie is still in its editing process.» he said. «The other thing I wanted to tell you guys, is that on Wednesday, you'll be playing in New York, for the Victoria's Secret show.»
We all cheered exited. «Wednesday? It's just Thursday.» Evie said worried.
«I know,» Mark said. «you won't be the only one there, so you'll play two songs, you don't need a lot of time to prepare. The flight is on Tuesday.»

Alex's pov
I looked at the black notebook where I had all my lyrics. Already nine tracks of the future album were about her and I felt guilty for it; but mostly, I felt guilty for minding her business: I hated that Ben guy so much for no reason, that I asked Chase about him, to find a good reason to hate him. I found out he was a dick and I couldn't understand why she was still with him, so Chase told me: "love is blind dude", that just made me write another song.
«Mate, you ready?» Matt asked me.
I closed the notebook with a small thud. «Yeah, in a minute.»
I put everything away, to go out with my pals and try to forget about the curly haired girl that has been in my mind for all that time.

Arabella's pov
We were so exited to go back in New York and play in a Victoria's Secret's show, that the time seemed to fly. My suitcase was ready, I was ready to go to sleep, even if it was just midnight, but the flight was at five, so I couldn't stay up late.
As always I couldn't fall asleep quickly, but around one, my eyes were closed. As a light, along with a ring and a buzz came from my bedside table, I got woken up. I thought it was just a message, so I closed my eyes again, but another text lightened the display of my phone. I groaned and picked up my phone, to see not just the two texts I saw lightening my phone, but four calls and seventeen messages.
I quickly read the last ones:

from Unknown 3:54 am
Where are you?

from Unknown 3:56 am
I wanna see you

from Unknown 4:02 am
Why no answer?

from Unknown 4:37 am
Text me so I know you're ok

from Unknown 4:47 am
I'm outside

Alex's pov
I saw her everywhere, with everybody but me. I wanted to make sure she was safe and those were just illusions, so I kept texting her, but she wasn't answering, therefore I started walking towards her house.
She opened the door and I looked up from my phone, to see her; I glanced her from head to toe: she was wearing a pair of white knee socks and a sky blue Lacoste, that looked particularly familiar, reaching the beginning of her tight; I didn't know if she was wearing anything under it.
«Alex,» she said. «what are you doing here?»
«That's mine.» I said, pointing at the shirt and smiling at the idea of her wearing my clothes.
«Yeah sorry,» she said. «it's the only clean garment I have.» I was smiling like a fool and she sighed. «Come in.»
We sat on her couch and she sank her head between her hands. With a sigh, she looked at me. «Why'd you only call me when you're high?»
I didn't know what to answer, well I did, but I didn't want to tell her. «Is your boyfriend gonna hit me if he knows I'm here?» I asked.
«He's not my boyfriend anymore.» she said.
«Great, I didn't want another punch.» I softly chuckled. «Where's Ozzy?» I asked looking around, seeking the black dog.
«He is with that Italian couple I told you about,» she said. «I can't stay with him enough anymore.» she looked at the clock on the wall, then at me and shook her head. «I gotta be up in the mornin',» she said slightly upset. «I wanted to have an early night and you're startin' to bore me, why are you even here?»
«I wanna talk.» I truly said.
«Alex, I'm flying to New York tomorrow, I need to sleep.» she said. Those words stopped the blood in my veins, she was leaving, I didn't even have time to explain myself, I just wanted to stop the world. «You should sleep as well.»
«I'll go home.» I said.
I stood up and almost fell on the floor. I helped myself with the armrest of the sofa. «God no,» Arabella said standing up. «go in my room, I'll sleep on the couch.»
I looked at her. «I'll sleep on the couch.»
«Alex go in my fucking room or I swear to God I'm gonna leave you in the streets.» she said.
I nodded and walked to her room, staggering and holding myself with the walls.

Arabella's pov
I sighed in tiredness and covered myself with a blanket. I looked at the clock on the wall, it was almost five thirty. I closed my eyes, but all the things that happened kept me awake, I couldn't sleep.
The whole house was dark, just the moonlight was enlightening it.
Questions, thoughts and insecurities filled my head and made it a mess.
I took a big breath and against my will, I stood up and walked to my room, where Alex was under the covers lying on his back and staring at the ceiling.
I stared at him, wondering whether I should have or not. I was sure he was awake. I climbed the bed and quietly sneaked under the blankets, to then get closer to Alex.

Alex's pov
I let her put her left arm on my chest and I knew she wanted to bend her leg and place it on my waist, as she was use to do, so I wrapped my hand around her tight and helped her leg to my abdomen.
As an answer to myself, to the questions I wondered before, she was wearing just a slip under my Lacoste.
Her forehead and nose were touching my cheek, and I kept holding her tight on my lap, as I felt her warm breathing on my neck. I closed my eyes and finally, after what seemed an eternity, I was peacefully sleeping.

I woke up around noon and she wasn't besides me, I almost thought that maybe I just imagined it all, but when I saw I was in Arabella's room, I smiled.
I got up and went to the living room, which was connected to the kitchen, where I found a letter, on the countertop: "While you're reading this I would probably be on the plane or already in New York, I made you some breakfast because I bet you feel like shit after all that alcohol and pot. Eat and drink, take a rest, we can talk once I'll be back."
I did feel like shit, but not only for alcohol and pot.