51 Capri

Arabella's pov
On March 2016, something unreal happened: after three years of relationship, Jess proposed to Chloe, after a romantic dinner in Santa Monica; the pictures of him kneeling and her crying of joy were everywhere.
It was unbelievable for me, Chase and Evie, since he stopped with the one night stands and the playboy act just for her, we wouldn't even think he would have get married first.

Since I was the reason they have met, Chloe wanted me to be one of her bridesmaids and I felt so important for it.
The colors chosen for the ceremony were dusty rose and white, and I, along with the other two bridesmaids whom I didn't know, had to wear a dusty rose dress, which wasn't my favorite color, but Chloe was so thrilled about it, that I didn't even care.
The wedding took place in Capri, in May and I couldn't be happier to go back in Italy, even if Capri wasn't my home town.
There was only one thing that worried me: Jess was such friend with Jamie, that he invited him, and since he invited him he also had to invite Matt and Nick and obviously even Alex.
Between me and Alex it was still kind of weird, I haven't seen him in almost two years and suddenly I had to be in the same place as him and I didn't know if I had to pretend like nothing happened at all, or if I should have avoided him. Those question floated in my midnight throughout the whole flight, from Los Angeles to Naples.

All the guests arrived a week before the ceremony day, so that we could all enjoy the beautiful island. «God Italy is so beautiful.» Evie said, as she looked out of the window of the car, that was bringing us to the hotel.
Jess spared no expense and the hotel was probably the most expensive. The suite was beautiful, with a view on the breathtaking sea, that almost everybody could see from their room, through the windows.
The first thing I wanted to do, was to eat, being born in Italy wasn't always the best thing, especially when you travel and forget what real Italian cook tastes like; after settling down in the suite, with Chase and Evie, I explored Capri.
They wanted me with them as a guide, but I actually never been to Capri before, but at least I was fluent in Italian, which was very helpful.
We ended the day with our hands filled with bags that contained all the things Evie bought, whilst Chase ate whatever he saw; he was eating an ice cream with stracciatella, my favorite flavor, and pistacchio, when he kept saying "oh my god" like he was orgasming. «I can taste the ingredients and not just chemicals.» he said.
I giggled and reminded him that it wasn't a good idea to eat all that food before dinner.

We arrived back at the hotel at ten, after eating a pizza in a restaurant near the sea, watching the sun going down, diving in the water.
Evie filled the elevator with her bag and just Chase could fit in with her, so I told them that I would have waited for another elevator.
I was happy and serene: I was back in Italy with my best friends and I didn't have anything to worry about.
The elevator's door opened and I stepped in, before I could press the button to get to the third floor, where my room was, someone stepped in with me. Slender figure, dark jaw-length hair and a white shirt with blue stripes. I looked up to see the person and my heart stopped. I was paralyzed, staring at him.
He also looked up at me, after he had taken off his colored-lenses glasses.
He had a touch of a goatee on his face, but it was visible just by looking closely.
I didn't know what to say, I was panicking. He tried to smile, but I was still shocked by the surprise.
His shirt was open on the buttons closer to his neck, revealing his chest and a thin golden chain around his collar; he had the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He looked more muscular than the last time I saw him, from the arms, to his chest and legs.
«It's been a while.» he said, breaking the awkward and suffocating silence, that filled the small elevator we were in.
I slowly nodded. I wanted to tell him that I was sorry and that I would have done anything to have him back, but I didn't.
The elevator opened to the third floor and we both got out; he let me go first, opening his arm as to indicate the direction.
Our rooms were far from each others, so I kept walking to get to my room as soon as possible. «Arabella,» he called me. I turned around and saw him in the middle of the hallway, playing with the glasses in his hands. «you look amazing.» he said.
Something inside me exploded, but in a good way. I tried to hide a smile by biting the inside part of my cheek and before I could find the courage to tell Alex, that he also looked amazing, he walked away, putting his glasses back on.