47 BRITs Awards

Alex's pov
Standing between Jamie and Nick, I got blinded by the flashing lights of the camera of the yelling paparazzi. I have never been a fan of red carpets, but the only thing that cheered me up that night, was the knowledge that I would have seen Arabella, after months of touring.

I heard people cheer and yell louder, which made turn around; my face lightened up, like in cartoons. I saw first Jess and next to him Arabella, wearing the most beautiful dress, or at least she made it look like the most beautiful dress. Her hair was curly; she had a ruby-red column silhouette dress, that was so simple and yet so particular on her; it had spaghetti straps and a squared neckline; it perfectly marked her waist and gently feel down on the floor, with a slit that showed her leg and a small part of her hip.
Next to her there was Evie and then Chase, nobody compared her beauty though.

We approached a blonde woman, so that she could interview us. «First of all, congratulations for the nominees,» she said. «but talking about nominees, how do you feel about being nominated for the same award as your girlfriend?» the woman asked me.
I smiled thinking about Arabella. «I hope she wins.» I truthfully said.
I couldn't care less about awards, but she was particularly competitive and she loved winning awards, just to see the other artists pretend like they don't care about loosing, when clearly they did.
The interview continued with the usual questions.

Arabella's pov
With a dress that made me feel like a princess and heels that killed my feet, after an uncountable number of photos, we approached the paparazzi for interviews.
I was with Chase, meanwhile Evie and Jess attended another interview, with another man. «You two look amazing,» the man with a big microphone in his hand said. «this is your first BRIT, how do you feel?»
«It's cool... very British.» Chase said, clearly under pressure.
I giggled. «We just arrived, so everything is still to decide.» I said.
«Can you tell us what you're wearing tonight?» the man asked us.
Chase looked amazing, wearing a grey satin suit, with a double-belted waist and a shining cowl neck shirt underneath. «I actually have no clue, my stylist choose it.» he said.
The interviewer smile mouthing "bummer" and looked at me, approaching the microphone to my face. «I bought some fabric and let my tailor do it.» I said. «But the shows are Jimmy Choo's, Evie choose it, we have the same.»
I looked down to my shoes: black heels with a fine ankle strap that encircled my foot and a slither of crystal chain, that created a bridge between ankle and toe; the shining crystals matched the earrings I was wearing. Evie had the same shoes, but in white.
«Well, you look great, as well as your band mates.»
He was right, Evie was wearing a sequin and rhinestone coated ankle-length dress from Prada, with embellished straps; whilst Jess had a black shirt, under a dark brown suit, that looked better than I imagined when he told me.
We were all fancy, because Evie said we needed to steal the attention form the others.

Alex's pov
I was about to leave, when somebody yelled my name. «Alex,» a paparazzi caught my attention. «can we get a picture with Arabella?»
After him, everybody started asking for me and Arabella to pose together, she had just finished an interview when she looked at me with a smile. I approached her and she did the same. «If there wasn't all these people, I would have ripped you off that tuxedo.» she said with a smile, like she was just greeting me.
I tried to hide a smile by pressing my lips onto each other. «You really needed to say something sexual in front of all these people.» I smiled looking at her.
She stood on my left and I placed my left hand on her left hip, as she put her right hand on my shoulder from the back and the other one on my chest. «They don't understand what we're saying anyway,» she said. «and you get all flushed.»
I shook my head smiling.
«You know I will win the award, right?» she asked me as we were looking at the cameras.
«I hope you do.» I said.
She jokingly sighed. «Jesus, give me at least a little of completion.»
I smiled looking at her.

Our tables were right next to each others, I would have sat next to her, but she had to stay with her band and I had to stay with mine. Instead, Jamie, Matt and Nick all had their partners on their sides, as well as Chase, Jess and Evie.

Arabella's pov
I came out of the bathroom, after taking a break from the romantic couples I was sitting with, smoking a cigarette near the open window, when I found Alex waiting for me. «You follow me now?» I asked him with a smile.
«Just 'aven't kissed ya yet.» he said, crawling an hand to my back, just a little lower, to pull me closer and kiss me.
I stared at his lips to check if I left him the mark of my red lipstick, but I didn't, since it was already dry.
«We're gonna play the first song I wrote for you.» he said.
«Aw now I feel bad,» I said playing with the bolo tie around his neck. «we are not gonna play a song I wrote about you.»
«Even better.» he smiled, to then kiss me again. «Aren't you freaking out 'cause we've got more nominations than you?»
«If we were British, we would have been nominated for Best British Album and Best British Group too.» I said. «And by the way you got three nominations and we have two, so don't flatter yourself too much.»
Indeed Major Mess was nominated for Best International Group and Global Success.
We got back to our tables together and sat next to each other, still in different tables.

Alex's pov
The night was pure boredom, but Major Mess managed to make the night more fun. After they won Best International Group, we won Best British Album and Best British Group, the winner of Global Success was about to be nominated.
«I'm delighted to say,» a blonde lady I didn't know, said. «that the winner for Global Success is...» as the lady opened the envelope, creating suspence, Jess, Chase, Evie and Arabella started beating their fits on the table, mimic a drum roll and making all the people turn and the glasses on their table fall. «Major Mess!» the lady finally said.
They all stood up at the same time, cheering and holding each other. The only reason they were so happy, was because they beat us.
While Jess and Chase kissed their girlfriends and Evie kissed his boyfriend, Arabella turned into my direction and I watched her as she blows a kiss at me, in a teasing way. I chuckled and pretended to catch and smash it on my lips.
They danced to their own song, to get on stage, Evie even took off her heels; it was clear they weren't sober, but everyone just thought they were funny and I could already immagine them being on in one of those compilations, called like: "the most iconic awards wins at the BRITs", that Matt liked to show me every now and then.

After taking the prize, Arabella was still laughing as she approached the microphone. «Thank you so much,» she said. «this goes right in those guys' face,» she said pointing at us. «we won, you didn't.»
I was laughing, but I still checked if the others were, and they were. They were the comedians of the night and everybody needed a bit of comedy, since the night was so boring.