43 Glastonbury Pt. 2

Alex's pov
Arabella got dragged by Mark, that yelled at her for not being on stage and she just said goodbye to my parents, as Mark pulled her in the crowd of people.
It took them ten minutes, to get on stage, but first, an opening theme played, that looked like it was from an old movie, whilst the stage was still completely dark. As soon as the intro faded away, a spotlight lightened Arabella, that played the main riff. The crowd cheered for her and she smiled. She wasn't on her usual spot, but in Jess's, which meant she wasn't going to sing, but he was.
The song was clearly about sex, but luckily my parents didn't seem to get the real meaning, meanwhile the audience was singing along and waved their arms.

I wondered if it was about me, but the fact the Jess sang it, made me think that he probably wrote it.
During the instrumental part, Jess grabbed the microphone. «I wanna hear you sing at the top of your lungs,» he said. «let's make a Major Mess.»
The crowd cheered louder and someone even threw a bra and knackers, that arrived near Jess's face.
Once the song was over, Arabella and Jess changed their spots: she got in the centre and he went back on the audience's left.
«Hey everybody,» Arabella said, fixing the microphone to her height. «I hope you liked that entrance, 'cause I almost tripped walking in the dark.» she smiled.
«She's so pretty.» my mum next to me said.
«This song is from the first album, so I want you to sing it with me.» she said.
The music started and the people screamed, making Arabella smile again.

After the third song finished, that made the crowd go crazy, Arabella placed her guitar back on its stand. «I'm so hot right now,» she said, pulling her jacket from its sleeves. «give me a second.»
The crowd started wolf-whistling and making noise, when she showed her bare arms and dropped the jacket on the floor and as her usual, instead of blushing she started giggling.
Instead of taking back her Fender Stratocaster, she walked towards another guitar, she picked the Les Paul I gave her and put the strap on. «For this song I'm not gonna use my usual guitar,» she said. «got a little gift for my birthday.» she smiled.
I saw her seeking for me, but she couldn't see me, so she started the other song.

The show went perfectly, people had fun, she had fun on stage and my parents seemed to like her; they even played a cover of Exit Music (for a film) by Radiohead, that I knew Arabella was deadly scared to sing, afraid to ruin it, but the crowd got completely silent and not because they weren't enjoying it, but because they were stunned by her performance; she even excused herself many time before and after singing it, thinking that she had ruined the song to everybody that listened to her. «I'm gonna see her before I get on stage.» I told my parents.
I worked my way to the backstage and meet Arabella, who was getting off the stage, with her jacket held by her arm to her chest, moving her free hand to make herself some air.
Her face lightened up as she saw me and with a smile she jogged to me to hug me. «You liked the show?» she asked me as she pulled away from my hug.
She was all sweaty, but I didn't care. «You were amazing.» I said.
«What about the others?» she said, placing her hands on my chest.
«Also amazing, but you even more.» I smiled.
She giggled and kissed me on the lips. «When are you going on stage?»
«45 minutes.» I said.
«Aren't you rushing already?» she said. «You sure you have enough time to comb your hair?» she teased me.
«We'll talk about it once you'll see what I'm gonna wear.»
«Then go prepared yourself,» she patted on my chest. «I'll take a shower and change myself and I'll watch you play.»

Arabella's pov
I was soaking in sweat, so I took a cold shower. I redid my makeup the same way, but changed my clothes: I wore a black mini skirt, with the top Jess gave me; I put my black alligator skin boots and my cheetah print coat.
Jess, Chase and Evie joined me, to see the Arctic Monkeys play, from what the security called a "safe spot" where we could watch the show, without being assaulted by people. It wasn't a great spot, considering that we were right under the stage and being so close to it made see it worst, like at the movie theatre; although we could still see and hear very well, perhaps even too loud. «I thought that headlining meant you were the first one to perform.» I said.
Jess frowned. «It's the final act.» he said.
«Well now I know,» I said. «but if you think about it, headline, makes you think about the start of a line.»
He just shook his head and stared at the stage.

We waited a couple of minutes, to see the guys getting on stage. Alex was wearing black pants and a black button-up, under a sparkling jacket, that under the lights seemed even shiner. They picked up their instruments and tried them, then we saw Alex approaching the microphone. «How are you feeling everybody? You feeling good?» he asked. The crowd cheered as a response. «I said: are you feeling good?» he repeated. The crowd cheered louder. «That's what I thought,» he said. «do you feel like partying? Are you in a party mood everybody?» he asked. «Do you feel all like you wanna maybe...» he waited a second. «get on your dancing shoes.» he
sang, as the Dancing Shoes started.

They played: Teddy Picker, She's Thunderstoms, Old Yellow Bricks, Pretty Visitors, Do Me a Favour, A Certain Romance, a beautiful cover of Soul Love, Cornerstone, When The Sun Goes Down and the most beautiful version of Mardy Bum.
«Glastonbury,» Alex spoke into the microphone. «might I ask you a favour, would you do me a favour?» he asked to the audience. As always, they cheered, whistled and screamed. «Is actually my mum's birthday today and she's here in the crowd with you,» he said. «there's any chance you sing "happy birthday Penny" everybody?» he asked and started singing Happy Birthday.
It didn't take much for the people to start singing along. «Thank you everybody, I appreciate that.» he said once they finished. «We have time for one more tune Glastonbury.»

His friend, Miles Kane, got on stage, to help them play 505. The song went great, people sang along, Jamie didn't mess up and we also had fun. As the song arrived to its instrumental part at the end, Alex thanked the crowd and blowed kisses to the audience and then looked at me, "I love you" he mouthed. I was shocked and before I could react, he was already at the other part of the stage, to wave at the rest of the people and get off. It was such a small gesture that meant so much to me.

Escorted by a bodyguard, we arrived in the backstage, where I first hugged Jamie, who was walking in my direction. «Show was great.» I said.
He smiled. «Thank you,» he said as he pulled away. «the dickhead is there.» he said pointing behind him.
I looked over his shoulders and saw Alex. I zigzagged through the people going back and fourth from up and down the stage, to get to Alex.
As I arrived in front of him, he smiled and I got on tiptoe, to throw my arms around his neck and kiss him. «I love you too.» I said after the first kiss, that got followed by another.
«Like me jacket?» he asked.
I giggled looking at it. «You're such a diva.» I said.
«And you love it.» he said.
I smiled and kissed him again. I pulled away when I remembered I should have been angry at him. He looked at me puzzled. «You didn't tell me it was your mom's birthday,» I said giving him a soft slap on the chest. «now she thinks I don't care.»
He rolled his eyes. «I forgot.» he said.
«Yeah sure.» I sarcastically said.
He approached again for another kiss. «Can we go sleep now?» he asked.