10 Stupid T-Shirts

Arabella's pov
The new year's eve was very close, but instead of partying, I had to fly to Australia. To be in Melbourne on January 2nd, we had to take the plane on December 30th, to lend on January first.
Jess was annoyed for missing the opportunity of a new year's party, but he was still happy, because he would have been back in Australia for the first time in years.
There was a luxury suit for each of us and I could hardly believe my eyes. Right in front of me I had big windows that showed the buildings in Melbourne. The suite was so spacious, that I almost felt lonely.
After looking around the room, I realized that I had so much time and nothing to do, so I took a shower and then, I finished working on a song I started writing on a paper napkin on the plane.
For dinner, we all went out to a restaurant, to celebrate the new year and the start of the tour in Australia. I didn't have much time to straighten my hair, so I let free my curls.
Since we were in Australia, it was particularly warm, so I only wore a black dress, that was snugly at the waist and flowed out from there, with a solid squared neck. Like every other day, I wore my favorite pair of Converse, the high red ones.
I found Chase, in the middle of the hallway, wearing sky blue jeans and a soft pink button-up shirt, struggling to find someone or something. «You okay?» I asked, grabbing my purse before closing the door and checking if I had the key with me.
«I was looking for your room.» he said approaching.
«It's the '342'» I said pointing at the door.
He nodded. «Now I know where everybody is.» he said proudly smiling at the piece of paper between his hand, where he wrote my room's number, before putting it away, in his back pocket. He bent his arm so that I could hold on to it. «Shall we go?» he said mimic a gentleman from a Jane Austen's novel.
«With great pleasure.» I said, playing along.

After gathering in the entrance, except for some people that were late, with cars with tinted windows, we arrived to the restaurant.
Everybody arrived except for Alex, who was thirty minutes late. «I told him he had to be ready an hour ago.» Matt said.
Seeing the situation, I got up. «I'll go out for a smoke.» I said.
I walked away with my cigarettes and a lighter.
After one cigarette, I instantly took another one. I was looking around while the smoke left my mouth.
«Oi,» someone said. I looked over and saw a boy and a girl, both very tall. «you're the girl from Major Mess, right?» he said.
I nodded. «Yeah.»
«That's so cool mate.» he smiled.
«We'll be at the concert tomorrow, can't wait to see you and the Arctic Monkeys.» the girl said.
I smiled. «Thank you.»
«Have a good night.» the guy said.
«You too.» I said before they walked away.
The second cigarette led to another one, that I lit up with my hand cupped. I knew I had to stop after that one, so I enjoyed every drag I took.
In the distance I saw a familiar figure, with a white shirt with the last three buttons not buttoned: Alex.
I took one of the last drags and let the smoke out of my mouth. «You keep us waiting, don't you princess?» I joked. He didn't respond as he approached. «You know it's manners to say hello.» I sarcastically said, crashing the cigarette under my foot.
«Next time you want me to bend down and kiss ya 'and?» he asked.
«I'd love the bow.» I smiled.
He shook his head annoyed and entered the restaurant. Instead I waited a couple of seconds, before following him.
«To a new wonderful year.» Ian said, raising his glass.
Everybody raised their glasses, filled with expensive champagne. «Can't beat the cheap beer from the market.» Chase whispered in my ear.
We didn't stay up late, since the following day we would have had the show.
The Arctic Monkeys had to wake up early to rehearse the show and sound check, meanwhile Jess, Evie, Chase and I, had a hour to rehearse our little show, after the Arctic Monkeys.
«What are gonna wear tonight?» Evie asked me.
I shrugged. «Don't know actually.»
«I'll be wearing my best t-shirt.» Jess smiled, waiting for us to ask him which one.
«I hope it's not the one you showed me yesterday.» Chase said positioning his bass on its stand.
Jess smiled amused. «It is.»
I looked at Chase. «What does it look like?»
Chase sighed. «It's a white shirt that says "show me your" and then there is a drawing of boobs.»
Jess was known for his stupid t-shirts, but the most sad part was that he thought they were funny.
A couple of months before he even got me a shirt, that said "sex with you sucks". «It's because you don't have sex with me, so sex with everybody else sucks.» he proudly explained, as I was holding the shirt in my hands.
«I'm really concerned about your mental health, honey.» I said.

We had to perform to open the show and we only had had thirty minutes and to not waste time by changing our instruments with theirs, Matt told Evie to use his drum kit. She was so exited since she kind of idolized him.
I already had the strap of my guitar on my shoulder, so that we could rush on stage and try to fit seven or eight songs, in those thirty minutes. «I can't do it,» I said. «they came for the Arctic Monkeys, they won't like my singing.»
«Bella, you always say those things,» Jess said. «we've done many shows, you'll be great, we all be.»
«You're up now.» a man with big headphone yelled at us.
«Now?» I asked as Jess pushed me on stage.
The lights on stage were off but I could perfectly see the audience, since it had big spotlights on. They were cheering and I took a deep breath with my eyes closed, whilst the lights were still off. I tried to calm myself down and try to immagine like I was the best singer and guitarist in the world and that everybody loved me, the only way that made people think I was confident.
Suddenly the lights were on. «Good night everybody,» I spoke in the microphone in front of me. «hope you're ready for a 'Major Mess'.» as I said those words, the crowd cheered louder and the music started.