Issue 1 - The Chameleon Strikes

"Have you heard about the vigilante fighting crime? He wears a mask and takes care of petty thugs like clockwork."

"I've seen him swing around using webs just like a spider. I've never seen anything like it."

"What's he got to hide, huh? All the other pros are in the public records; what makes this guy so special?"

"He saved my baby from a burning building; I'll forever be grateful to whoever he is."

"Any man who can web me up in that tight suit is a man for me."

"There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The people of Tokyo have spoken, and opinions vary, but everyone wants to know the same thing. Who is this Spider vigilante, and where are they now? Next, we interview a key member of a new arranged cult who believes their leader might just be the God of a new world order."

Pausing the video, I sat down, unwrapping a burrito and letting the steam hit my face. Drowning in pleasure, I lifted my mask and took the first bite. Then, leaning back, I slumped against the wall of Musutafu Tower, taking in the morning breeze.

"Who is the Spider vigilante? Who is the Spider vigilante? Do you really want to know? The story isn't for the faint of heart... No, that isn't it." I groan, pausing the voice memo and shaking my head. "Come on, Y/N... Think of the perfect response. My uncle once told me that with great power comes... That just sounds cheesy."

I sigh, downing the last of my milkshake and licking my fingers. "I'll think of something." Then, quickly changing my webbing, I looked at my phone, tutting. "Time to get to school."

Stepping back, I began free-falling, throwing my rubbish into my school bag and swinging through Musutafu. Tossing my phone in the air, I caught it, turned the corner, and got a text: "Now of all times, Aunt May? I'll pick up eggs on the way home, yes. See you later."

Flipping over a billboard, I began running against the wall, boosting myself off. My phone buzzed again as I saw the email I had been waiting for—the letter from UA High. I couldn't wait to open it, but I found myself stopping as I attached to a wall, my senses going off.

Sliding down the wall, I rolled onto a lower rooftop, scouting, and overseeing a robbery taking place. Glancing at my phone, I shrugged my shoulders. "Yeah, I've got time."

Jumping into action, I swung into the small shop, finding a single person holding the owners at gunpoint. Getting a good look at him, I turned my head, confused. He didn't look like a robber; he was just some salaryman looking to be in his late forties, overweight with a worn-down suit. He quickly turned to me, firing. Hoping over the different food aisles, I began bouncing around the store, mocking him.

"You really don't get this whole conceal your identity stick, do you?" I chuckle, kicking the gun from his hand. The salaryman drew a large hunting knife, to my utmost surprise, trying to stab me. Flipping over him, I ducked under another swing, webbing his arm, attaching the web to the wall, and forcing his arm out. "I mean, you aren't even trying. Where's the ski mask, all-black attire? I'll give you credit. You're making a name for yourself, alright."

Webbing his other arm out, I webbed his legs together, catching the knife lightly, knocking him on the head with the hilt. "The rouge salary man, working around the clock stealing the big bucks but only after 5 pm."

Struggling, he began hissing at me. "Spider! It was only a matter of time before we would finally meet on the battlefield. I shall carve out your face and keep it as a trophy."

Taken back, I scoffed, webbing his mouth. "You've been watching too many animes, my guy. You can tell everyone your whole story once the police come and get you." Then, turning to the owner, I throw her back the moneybag. "Are you alright?"