Epilogue - One Final Goodbye

"Halloween was drawing closer, the midnight hour was close at hand, and throughout New York, children sought in search of treats. Yet not all is at peace; villains ponder terrorising the neighbourhood. Monsters from hell and straight out of your nightmares threaten our way of life unless one hero steps up to save the day."

Rhino burst through a supermarket ramming through the streets as I quickly webbed him, clinging onto his back again. "So what do you think, Aleksei? Do you think the speech for F.E.A.S.T's Halloween bash will be a hit?"

"Enough of your rambling puny Spider, get off me!" Rhino screamed, looking to ram into an elderly home.

"Oh no, you don't," I mutter, pulling my grip on Rhino, forcing him to jump down onto the highway. Then, avoiding all the traffic, I began tapping him on the head. "Couldn't you have broken out of prison on any other day? Or maybe any other holiday. What about national lost sock memorial day? Or how about the national talk on an elevator day... No, wait, I like that one. How about we put a pin in it and come back for international talk like a pirate day? I'll wear a new suit just for you."

Rhino jumped off the highway, throwing me off and into a wall smashing through it into a car park. "You talk too much puny, Spider! Now I will break you."

Coughing, I pulled myself up, walking it off. "What do you want to do this in silence? We can, but that would be really awkward and boring."

"Enough!" He screeched, ramming into me. Digging my feet into the ground, I began webbing at Rhino, constantly slowing him down ever so slightly. Still, getting hit by the fucker felt nothing less than a freight train. But this was nothing compared to that one sparing match with All Might; I still have nightmares over that.

Pushing my leg back, I jumped over Rhino, avoiding his wrath but letting him continue rampaging through the city. Then, quickly webbing him, I began the tug of war, shouting back. "Can't we wrap this up, Aleksei? I have places to be!"

My eyes widened as I lost my grip, and Rhino was unleashed back into the city. That's at least what he was hoping for. When my webbing failed, a shadowy figure darted from out of nowhere, kicking Rhino back and catching him off guard. Webbing him just as quickly, the stranger jumped up, smashing Rhino into the ground and taking him down.

The figure appeared, making a perfect landing surprising me. "Gwen?!"

Taking off her mask, Gwen gave me a small wave. "Long time no see Spider-Man; you wouldn't believe the hassle it's been to find you."

Webbing Rhino Gwen approached me. "I didn't think I would see you again; this is awesome!"

Gwen punched me in the shoulder, pointing in my face. "Just what the hell did you think you were doing back in Earth-2016?! You had the Scarlet Witch cast a reality-bending spell to erase your presence in that universe altogether? You didn't even think to discuss that with me before you just blew your load?!"

"I'm sorry, I had my back against the wall and panicked... When Midoriya and Cap went down, I knew all hope was lost. So I did what I believed was the only way; I didn't belong there." I mutter, sitting down in defeat. "Did that save them?"

Gwen crossed her arms, sighing. "Do you have somewhere we can talk privately? The police should be here anytime now."

"Sure, let's take this to my place then. Sit tight, Aleksei. The police will be here soon. If you're lucky, you might just make it in time for trick or treat."

****

Gwen looked over the photos smirking to herself. "I bet if anyone walked in and saw these, they'd be bewildered."