Issue 60 - The League of Venom Part 1

Scorching flames ignited, melting through the barricades the Symbiote had put together, blocking off one of the many hives spawned during the mass takeover. Endeavour stood his blazing might burning bright for all to see. Serval other pros from his agency were there to back him up with the police force not too far behind.

"Endeavour!" Burnin yelled, showing up looking battered and worn down. "The last of the hives have been taken care of in this area. Just one more, and we might finally see some progress made!"

Endeavour didn't look pleased by this outcome letting out a grunt. "We destroy one hive, and two more take its place. We won't get anywhere without taking down the outbreak's source."

"But... No one has seen Shigaraki since the attack on Shiketsu High School." Burnin admits looking deflated. "He could be anywhere."

"There's no point dwelling on that fact. Our priority right now is taking down this hive and moving on." He snapped back, curling his hand back, ready to unleash an almighty blow. As he did, however, a wall of ice quickly blocked up the hole they created. The ice was a dark blue seemly unaffected by Endeavour's attacks. Seeing this, Endeavour's eyes widened; Todoroki stood another victim to the Symbiote above the building. It didn't respond or make any more moves against the Endeavour Agency. Then, just as quickly as he appeared, Todoroki fled, causing Endeavour to shout out. "SHOTO!"

"Endeavour, sir! Should we go after him?"

Paused for a moment, he gripped his fist, furious at the fact he was powerless to save his son. "No... He's gone for now. We should return to the agency and help the survivors. We're not getting through this barricade." 

"Roger that, everyone, head on back! We're done for today."

Endeavour kept on looking up, conflicted, his flames diminishing. "Hold on a little longer, Shoto."

****

Peni held onto my shoulders as we kept swinging through the city, succumbing to the horror more and more. I felt Peni grip my shirt tightly, horrified. "How could this happen? This isn't possible."

"I don't know, Peni... But we need to find answers now." I whisper; Gwen was right behind with Midoriya splitting off to find his mum. I wanted to find Aunt May, but I had to keep my thoughts in place. She was fine; I knew she was.

Our best course of action was to head to UA; if the pros were still active, that's the best place to hold out in. We were getting close when suddenly my web was torn apart. Falling, I flipped over, catching Peni as we landed on a destroyed car. "You alright?!"

"Yeah, what the hell was that?"

I felt my spider sense tingling as I turned, seeing a symbiote crouched down on the lamppost in front of us. Its hands changed into a sharp blade as the face warped away, showing the host. "You... You're the girl who attacked us during the field trip. You're with the league of villains, Himeko Toga!"

"The Spider-Man has finally come home; we've been waiting for you and missed you. Do you like what we've done with the place?"

"Listen to me! You need to break free; the Symbiote is killing you!"

"The only one dying here today is you." Toga cackled, the symbiote retaking control. Then, crashing down on us, I jumped back, avoiding the car being cut in half by her blade. Gwen quickly came down to back me up.

"Ever dealt with a symbiote before?" I asked her.

"I've had my fair share, yeah."

"So I don't need to remind you what their weakness is, right? Fire and sound."