Issue 43 - Revenge of the Fallen Part 4

I Stumbled back into the camp; my adrenaline died as I collapsed. I began feeling dizzy. Everything was ringing as Penelope was trying to snap me out of it.

Blinking, I began to catch my breath as I saw Ashido come running across in a panic. Then, slowly I rose to my feet as Penelope assisted me in limping. "Holy crap, Y/N, what happened?!"

Coughing, I kept looking behind me, hearing rustling in the woods. My Spider-Sense kept teasing me, never entirely going off but always tingling. Finally, covering my mouth, I spoke up. "We need to get inside now." 

With Ashido and Penelope, I could get inside the boy's cabin without any issues. Rumbling through my belongings, I froze, now concerned. "My suit... It isn't here, damn it, Aizawa. Why did I have to lose it now all of the time!"

"You need to tell me what's going on right now. I heard there was an attack. Everyone else is being moved to the school building."

Sitting on my bed, I tore my shirt off, pulling out metal shrapnel from my waist. "Why didn't you go with them?"

"I was worried about you and came looking."

"Where are the pros?" I ask my concerns building.

"Dealing with some villains, I'm sure. How many are there?"

Standing up, I looked out through the window seeing small crackles of blue lightning fizzling around. "I don't know; this wasn't just an attack out of the blue. They planned this. The League of Villains. This is really bad."

"Get a grip, dude! Pull yourself together." Penelope snapped.

"I know, I know. I need that suit. Damn it; I'm nothing without my suit. Fuck!"

Ashio held me in place, cupping my cheeks and speaking softly. "How many are there?"

"It's all of them. Otto, Electro, Kraven, some new guy from the League and probably more. They knew we would be here. They knew I would be here."

"What do they want?" She asked.

I remained silent, biting my lip. "To kill me. All of this is to take me out once and for all."

Ashido could tell how terrified I was; for once, I wasn't trying to hide it behind a fake persona or with horrible wit. I was scared, and there was no way of sugar coating it. Holding my hand, I felt everything fizzle away at that moment as I felt safe. "Hey, look at me. I won't let them; they can't take you. We'll fight them, you and me together, alright? Spider-Man isn't dying, not tonight."

"Ashido... I don't want y- No, thank you. We'll do this together." I smile, hugging her. Turning my attention to Penelope, kneeling to her level. "But first, we need to get you out of here. They're after me, not you. So getting you to safety should be our number one priority."

"Are you joking? You two can take those many villains alone! But, whether you wanted it or not, you need my help."

"No, no, no. I don't think so, young lady. This is far beyond the petty thugs you boss around or the authorities. These are evil people who will not hesitate to kill you where you stand. This isn't your fight Penelope."

Pushing me aside, she walked to the door hissing. "It is now."

Looking at Ashido, concerned, we met her outside. "What's gotten into you all of a sudden? One minute you try and beat the shit out of me. Next, you want to risk your life helping me? What happened to hating all heroes?"

"That hasn't changed. I hate both heroes and villains alike! But... Well, you see. You're not like the other heroes; I haven't figured you out yet, Spider-Man. You're sorta alright in my books." She sighs, tying up her shoes. "Don't give me that look before I smash in that smug mouth!"