Issue 42 - Revenge of the Fallen Part 3

"You had your whole life ahead of you; I saw you as the next Iron Man; you could have been something else. You could have been a hero! But, instead, you betrayed my trust, Peni's trust!"

Tearing two more of his arms off, Otto screamed in pain, blood trickling down his back. Falling to his knees, he began to lose feeling in his legs. Shaking, he screamed up in desperation. "Damn you, Spider-Man!"

Slamming my foot down, I caught an arm under my boot, webbing Otto to the ground. Racing forward, I pinned him down, wrapping my arm around his metal creation, pulling it tightly and tearing it from his back. "You brought this on yourself!"

Separating the 2nd last arm from his body, I threw it aside. Otto sobbed to himself, whimpering. Then, staring at his actual hand, he tried moving his fingers, all feelings going numb before nothing. "I can't. I can't feel anything... Oh God, what have you done to me?"

Dragging Otto through the broken store, I held him up pinned to the wall. "I should do much more than that to you, Octavius."

"No, no, no! You are beneath me!" He roars, smacking me back with his last arm, which was trapped on the floor. Crashing into the back, the building exploded. Fire echoed around as my suit began to act funny, burning up. Fighting through the pain, I began to walk back into the shop, the symbiote constantly wrapping around me, healing any injuries I sustained. Otto started to crawl around with his last arm petrified. With one last desperate attempt, he struck me. Stepping out of the way, I thrust my arm down, breaking through his pathetic invention.

Glaring at my betrayer, I kept walking by, leaving him with no remorse. Otto turned his head, unable to move as the fire began to spread. "Y/N, where are you going? Y/N, get back here; you can't leave me! Y/N? Y/N... Y/N!!!"

The last of the fire was burned out as serval firefighters looked on in horror. A scorched boy was found unresponsive with metal arms surrounding him. "We have a live one! Call an ambulance!"

One of the firefighters sprinted out to call for help, only for a limo to pull up. Doctor Ohm and serval other suited men turned up. Showing his badge, he spoke up. "Orders from Oscorp, we'll take it from here. Have your men burn out any more of the fire, and we'll be on our way."

"Just wait for a second, pal; we don't take orders from Osborne. So I don't have to do anything you say!"

"That's perfectly fine, given the boy's circumstance." Doctor Ohm glanced at Otto shaking his head. "He won't make it to the hospital; we can save the boy. All you have to do is forget we were ever here. Of course, you shall be well compensated for your assistance."

The firefighter didn't respond as Ohm nodded. "Round him up; Mr Osborne will be thrilled to hear such good news."

****

Otto awoke. His body was numb, his mind was blank, but his anger forever remained. Glancing around a holding cell, Otto quickly recalled his situation. He couldn't move, nor could he feel anything. Glancing down at his fingers, he put all his energy into trying to move them. But it was futile; even his genius couldn't sugarcoat this.

"I was beginning to think our efforts were for nothing, Octavius."

Otto raised his head, looking for the glass blocking him from the outside world. Instead, a figure approached, which shocked him finding it to be Norman Osborne. "Mr Osborne? What is the meaning of this? Where am I?"

"You've been in a coma for nearly three weeks. Your situation is more than dire, all thanks to Spider-Man. Unfortunately, he turned his back on you, leaving you for dead. What sort of hero does that?"

"Parker... I had him on the tip of my blade; I nearly had him! But he was like nothing I've ever seen. The brutality, the sheer unmatched power. He had won that battle before it even started... I was a fool."